• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Outhouse build.

View attachment 2589893 View attachment 2589894 View attachment 2589895 View attachment 2589896 Need an outhouse for the hunting camp.
Decided not to dig a stink pit.
gonna use compost buckets with urine separator.
The pee is what makes outhouses stink.
I’ve researched the compost deal a lot and decided this is what I’m gonna do.
It’s pretty much not going to be used much so maintenance won’t be a big issue.
Poured a cement pad with ribar.

Got it framed used some left over roof steel from the cabin project for the roof and build some custom glass windows today for some sunlight....too tall for anyone less than 8 feet tall to see in.
Gonna paint it a custom camo like my treehouse project so it doesent stand out much.

Aint gonna lie, that there is purdy nice! Can't hide money! :thumb:

two-story-outhouse.jpg
:)

6A9F3231-5793-4F41-A440-3BA9C42CC2C9.jpeg
0CD3C2CA-1923-469C-887D-E7D3472D8FEA.jpeg
057756F2-0901-4AEC-BD4A-11AE6E3423A4.jpeg

That’s as far as a i got yesterday.
I’m gonna need to double up on the door hinges cause it has some weight to it.
Amazing how well a door you made on saw horses hangs and doesent rub as long as your building is plumb, level and square.
Crazy cause I built the stick frame on a sloped area with one end on blocks but managed to make it all level then I dragged it to the final spot after I dug the level spot.
I thought for sure it would be wonky as heck but it turned out better than I thought.

This rain sucks balls.
I planned on finishing this thing today and getting at least the base coat of stain on.

So with the door closed there is plenty of light with the windows....this will make the ladies happy.

As far as the door closing I’m going to use magnets at the top and bottom corners of the latch side of door which will keep the door closed nicely and also keep the door from racking and kicking out on one edge or another like they do when they shrink and dry out.
Gonna get creative for the interior.

I know for sure the interior walls will be whitewashed to brighten it up even further inside and I’ll probably make some neat shelves , coat hook and yes one of my vertical rifle rests.
Gotta have a mirror for the ladies.

Can’t get enough of this stuff.

Looks great. I might add a few of the round soffit vents around the bottom of each side to help with ventilation.

The sides are wide open under the steel roof between the purlins.
Also and air gap under door and the front of roof and air can push past the roof corrigations.

Believe me it won’t stink.
I’ve used compost buckets before and they don’t stink especially with urine separator and daily maintenance when used.

Back
Top Bottom