• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Outboard Question

rab1951

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
27   0
Reaction score
I purchased my first boat back in the spring. It has a 25hp Mercury 4 stroke on it and I want to now how to care for it when temps get toward freezing or below (if that happens this year). I will be using the boat throughout the winter to fish and probably duck hunt some. It is stored under a pole barn roof but it is outside. Any guidance or advice is appreciated.

Non-ethanol gas is your best friend,i do nothing to my 60 hp mercury.I do change the plugs and boot oil every spring.

As long as you don’t have any water in the lower unit you’ll be fine. If it get’s real cold for a night or so, just shine a spotlight under it. Grdbreaker’s tips are good also.

I purchased my first boat back in the spring. It has a 25hp Mercury 4 stroke on it and I want to now how to care for it when temps get toward freezing or below (if that happens this year). I will be using the boat throughout the winter to fish and probably duck hunt some. It is stored under a pole barn roof but it is outside. Any guidance or advice is appreciated.

Lower the outboard enough to drain put all the water. Then sleep well knowing you have an outboard not an inboard/outboard.

Back
Top Bottom