• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Outboard motor tech needed NW Georgia

troutman

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
53   0
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good repair guy for an older Mercury outboard in the Northwest Georgia area? My son is home for the winter and bought an older Bass Tracker with a 35 Mercury and is having trouble.

I really don't want to take it to a shop, just need a guy. I'm sure it's a simple fix.

Thanks

It seems to be getting too much fuel. It's dripping out of the carb.

He bought it a month ago and took it to guy for another issue then this one popped up.

You wanna make some money? We're in Resaca.

It seems to be getting too much fuel. It's dripping out of the carb.

He bought it a month ago and took it to guy for another issue then this one popped up.

You wanna make some money? We're in Resaca.
Man if I wasn’t stretched so thin I’d come over and do it for free. What year engine do you think it is? It sounds like the carb needs new gaskets or the float is messed up. Is it fuel injected or hand primed?

I appreciate it! I understand. It's an 86 mercury 35 horse.

I travel with my job so I don't have a lot of hometime to spend messing with it. I'm sure it's something simple. I wanted to take it somewhere reliable and have them fix it.

I appreciate it! I understand. It's an 86 mercury 35 horse.

I travel with my job so I don't have a lot of hometime to spend messing with it. I'm sure it's something simple. I wanted to take it somewhere reliable and have them fix it.
I’d almost bet money it’s the gaskets though. I travel too, and between a 4 month old and work and everything else I’m stretched thin.

Back
Top Bottom