• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Out of state sale.

GAGunguy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
260   1
Reaction score
I have an old friend that moved from RI to FL and has recently gotten into firearms and shooting.

I went to visit him, and I took an AK for him to try. He like it and want to buy it from me. I told him we need to do a 4473 transfer. He went to his local gun store and they told him its not necessary.

My understanding is that out of state sales require a 4473 transfer, but all the places in FL are telling him he doesn't need any paperwork.

Am I missing something?

If I drive to FL and we go to a FFL dealer, can we both walk in and do the transfer, or do I need to ship it to him? Is there something I am missing?

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't need to because it's a rifle. I just did a transfer with a guy from South Carolina on a handgun. He brought it to a Ga. LGS and they transferred to me while I was with him.

I have an old friend that moved from RI to FL and has recently gotten into firearms and shooting.

I went to visit him, and I took an AK for him to try. He like it and want to buy it from me. I told him we need to do a 4473 transfer. He went to his local gun store and they told him its not necessary.

My understanding is that out of state sales require a 4473 transfer, but all the places in FL are telling him he doesn't need any paperwork.

Am I missing something?

If I drive to FL and we go to a FFL dealer, can we both walk in and do the transfer, or do I need to ship it to him? Is there something I am missing?

Thanks.
dealer didn't want to do it.

Am I missing something?

If I drive to FL and we go to a FFL dealer and he fills out a 4473 to pick it up, can we both walk in and do the transfer, or do I need to ship it to him? Is there something I am missing?

Thanks.

You can ship it to a FFL in his state and he fills out a 4473 to pick it up, or you can drive it down and yes complete the sale/transfer with a form 4473.

Back
Top Bottom