• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Out of State FFL Question

No way to prove a lot of stuff, except that a lot of people seems to be genetically unable to STFU.

Used to work with drug squad, and I was always amazed at how someone would get caught with a bag of weed, wet their pants, and roll over on every one they knew. Folks would come in, "I never thought Billy Bob would snitch on me."

I can take Billy Bob's cell ph. records and show that on a certain date and time, he drove to your house. I can take your credit card records and show that you were buying ammo of a certain caliber. I can take your cell ph. records/ODT chat records/email and see all sorts of stuff. This day and age, it's really tough to set up a sale without leaving some sort of trail.

What happens on the internet is satire, dont you watch youtube? Comments here are like rap lyrics, not legally binding contracts or admissions of guilt.

Good luck with all of that circumstantial evidence that you gathered. If the police were as competent as you're pretending that they are, they would be too busy catching thieves, rapist and child molesters to worry about gun transfers.

What if the guy you sell to says he is a resident but actually isn't? Or, what if he shows a fake ID? Is the seller at fault?

If he showed a fake ID then I believe you would be fine. If he says he is a resident and you don't ask to see ID then you could possibly be prosecuted. That would likely be at the discretion of some Assistant US Attorney somewhere.

CYA

No, the seller is not at fault. What the Junior G-men overlook is that the standard for a private citizen is different that it is for a FFL. The standard for a private citizen is that he had "reason to believe" that the purchaser is disqualified from owning a gun. There is no burden on the seller to make an inquiry, although age and residence would prudent. If the buyer has a fake I.D. showing both, and he doesn't look 12, then the burden of the seller is satisfied. Just like have a domestic violence restraining order, the seller is not charged with knowing that one exists.

The buyer is presumed to know his disabilities and act (or not act) accordingly.

No, the seller is not at fault. What the Junior G-men overlook is that the standard for a private citizen is different that it is for a felon. The standard for a private citizen is that he had "reason to believe" that the purchaser is disqualified from owning a gun. There is no burden on the seller to make an inquiry, although age and residence would prudent. If the buyer has a fake I.D. showing both, and he doesn't look 12, then the burden of the seller is satisfied. Just like have a domestic violence restraining order, the seller is not charged with knowing that one exists.

The buyer is presumed to know his disabilities and act (or not act) accordingly.
Good, because all the guns I've sold privately I haven't asked nor given a crap. Just meet in a safe area and gibs dat money.

No, the seller is not at fault. What the Junior G-men overlook is that the standard for a private citizen is different that it is for a felon. The standard for a private citizen is that he had "reason to believe" that the purchaser is disqualified from owning a gun. There is no burden on the seller to make an inquiry, although age and residence would prudent. If the buyer has a fake I.D. showing both, and he doesn't look 12, then the burden of the seller is satisfied. Just like have a domestic violence restraining order, the seller is not charged with knowing that one exists.

Isn't that what I said?

Yes. Local FFL can acquire the rifle from you and then transfer it to your friend from TX. BTW, there is no gun registration in GA. Just because you filled out a 4473 to buy it, it is not registered to you. Common misconception. 4473 is just a form for the dealer to be able to show what he did with it should the need ever arise, such as it being recovered in a criminal investigation.
Nice story, you're right, because no government agency would ever misuse collected data, just like they wouldn't infect citizens with syphilis without their consent. Make no mistake 4473s are in a data base, when they decide it's in your best interest to protect you there will be a no knock with your name on it!!

Nice story, you're right, because no government agency would ever misuse collected data, just like they wouldn't infect citizens with syphilis without their consent. Make no mistake 4473s are in a data base, when they decide it's in your best interest to protect you there will be a no knock with your name on it!!
How are they in a data base when they are not transmitted to anyone. Years worth are in boxes stacked in a closet. When they hit 20 years old they go in a shredder.

Back
Top Bottom