• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OSS Helix 5.56K

I have the elite 7.62, older non QD version. My only complaint is the weight. Its heavy. All the gunk goes out the barrel and no need to swap parts for reliability.

I have the elite 7.62, older non QD version. My only complaint is the weight. Its heavy. All the gunk goes out the barrel and no need to swap parts for reliability.
Nice. Looking at the 5.56k. The cleaning method look's pretty good. IS the older version the same? Leave in cleaner overnight and shoot?

Never cleaned mine, just assemble it then move it complete from gun to gun. They recommend taking it apart and let it soak overnight in cleaner, dry and shoot.

Im also looking at the OSS QD 5.56K can. Botach has the best prices.

Not trying to highjack but does anyone know how this stacks up to the Griffin Armament Recce 5? The OSS seems to be the more durable setup but also costs more, weighs more, is longer and louder.

Is that extra durability necessary?

I run it because of the design. You wont over gas the weapon or get it crazy dirty. The tests I saw put it within a few decibels of the other traditional baffle systems. 100 rounds suppressed vs 100 rounds unsuppressed, the gun knows no different.

Nice. Looking at the 5.56k. The cleaning method look's pretty good. IS the older version the same? Leave in cleaner overnight and shoot?

Not trying to highjack but does anyone know how this stacks up to the Griffin Armament Recce 5? The OSS seems to be the more durable setup but also costs more, weighs more, is longer and louder.

Is that extra durability necessary?

Check out Mrgunsngear on YouTube, he did a suppressor comparison as did the Military Arms Channel. Barrel length had a bigger effect than suppressor design, in both tests.

From what I'm seeing, the oss 5.56k can is in only about an ounce heavier and 50 bucks more in money. Its worth it to me to keep the internals of the gun cleanish and not beat the crap out it from being overgassed.

Back
Top Bottom