• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Orbital Dermoid Cyst Removal

PazAttack86

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
12   0
Reaction score
Need some recommendations. Have always had a cyst on the tail of my left eyebrow that I never thought of as it was small. Growing up I just thought it was normal since doctors kept brushing it off when asked. At 17 I had my first mixed martial arts fight and the whole time my mind was on avoiding taking a shot to the eyebrow in case it would explode or something. Eventually later on while working at my local SO I had health insurance but was always working so always put it off on going to a dermatologist. Well after I placed my two weeks' notice I got in a scuffle trying to assist someone out of their supermax chains and got grazed by an elbow near the cyst, right above it which made me realize I need that gone. Now in my current job I have mediocre health insurance and am looking to finally get this quarter sized, peanut shaped cyst removed. I have started training BJJ and Muay Thai again and really do not want this thing to burst beneath my skin. Do not know where to start at getting this peanut removed. Any input or recommendations would be immensely appreciated.

Hey dude. Fellow cyst carrier. Under no circumstances try to remove that. The chance you can remove it by yourself is slim. You have to get the entire sac or it can come back. You also do not want it bursting and getting infected. I had one removed without effective anesthesia last year. Extremely painful. Once it bursts and it’s infected the anesthesia that they use is mostly ineffective. I’ve gone twice to Marietta Dermatology and they are great. Get it done now when it’s not infected. Trust me you don’t want to have to get it dug out of your body without the area fully numb.

Update! I had it removed friday! Procedure cost me 2800 from the Milan Eye Center near me. They went through my eyelid, removed the cyst whole and I will be following up with the doc on Monday. Apparently it was bigger than expected. Swelling is down and I look normal now. Only bummer is I am stuck out of the gym for 2-3 months but once I get the go ahead will ease back into my training routine slowly.

Back
Top Bottom