• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OpticsPlanet, perpetual order processing.

I’ll say this. I like OP but I hate OP. They often show in stock and I have ordered from them based on that. They always immediately charge my card which is fine because I want what they have so take my money. Then usually I see my bank get credited BACK the money I spent and I always have to go looking as to why. What WAS in stock is now back order and I get the same lame excuse about delays. Whatever, well 3-4 weeks later I see a charge on my card again from OP and I realize they take the money and find out they don’t have stock even though they say they did, they credit the money back to you but not cancel the order. Weeks later when they finally get the inventory they charge your card again. I’ve only had 2 transactions with OP and both times ended up with me on the phone questioning them on how they run their operations.
I say all that to say this, **** em. I’ll try my hardest to find what I want else where unless I have no choice but to go through them.

Haven’t ordered from them in years because of the back order crap, can’t imagine how bad it has gotten with wuflu extending lead times even more.

Still waiting on a holster I ordered on 4/20. It was showing in stock when I ordered it. All of a sudden it was not in stock.
When I tried to cancel the order they had put it in processing so I couldn't cancel it. Anyway I am still waiting
after they finally contacted me back this week. Suppose to be here on Tuesday. Never again.

I have an open order in with them (place May 13th).
Showed "Processing" until yesterday, when they emailed me a "shipped" notice.
Granted, they do have a Covid-19 delayed shipping disclaimer.

I’m done. I’ve given them 5 chances to give me a reason to order things from them and they’ve failed every time. I have always ordered things they show in stock and yet none of my orders have made it out of processing. One order I left alone for 3 weeks and still, order processing. Each time the same thing, “Our vendor showed it in stock, but due to high demand......” Give me an f$&king break. Do they have any stock or is it a couple of snowflakes working outa grandma’s basement drop shipping everything. Like I said I’m done. They hit your account immediately but then take 3-5 to give it back. I try as often as possible to deal with fellow ODT’ers but as good as you guys are y’all don’t have everything. So is it just me or have y’all experienced the same? Enquiring minds want to know.
I placed an order for a sling showed as in stock april 18th. Got here Wednesday. First time I've ordered from them. I would get an email every few days saying "your items are taking longer to ship than expected."

It does seem like they back-order something that was 'in stock' about 10% of the time I order from them.

On the flip side when they get it right stuff shows up pretty quickly.

I ordered a safariland holster in January still hasn't shipped. They took the 289.00 out of my account immediately. They showed it was in stock when I ordered it.

I ordered two branchi shoulder holsters beginning of March, the shipping dates kept changing, one was sup to ship in July and other in August last I checked then on May 15 I checked them and they both had end of October as the shipping dates, when I ordered them they looked in stock as well, even on sale, I just cancelled the orders once October came up as expected delivery

Back
Top Bottom