• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OpticsPlanet, perpetual order processing.

Pfoneman

Wolf Icon
Frontiersman
53   0
Reaction score
I’m done. I’ve given them 5 chances to give me a reason to order things from them and they’ve failed every time. I have always ordered things they show in stock and yet none of my orders have made it out of processing. One order I left alone for 3 weeks and still, order processing. Each time the same thing, “Our vendor showed it in stock, but due to high demand......” Give me an f$&king break. Do they have any stock or is it a couple of snowflakes working outa grandma’s basement drop shipping everything. Like I said I’m done. They hit your account immediately but then take 3-5 to give it back. I try as often as possible to deal with fellow ODT’ers but as good as you guys are y’all don’t have everything. So is it just me or have y’all experienced the same? Enquiring minds want to know.

I ordered a Sig Tango 4 on May 17th and received it yesterday May 21st via USPS.
My first purchase from OpticsPlanet. Was an excellent experience for me.
Sorry you’re having issues

Maybe it’s just me. I ordered a POF drop in on Monday and it was waiting at the house Thursday. About the same with Odin and Troy.

My experience is 1 in 4 orders will get kicked to backorder and delayed 2-4 weeks. The online system does have some faults with "available" indicator. Last one was a YHM part and it did show up after 3 weeks.

I ordered a stock and forend for my 1187 last week from them and when I received my order confirmation email it said 7-9 weeks for delivery. What ?!?!? I emailed their customer support and got a response within 24 hours and then I escalated it up to a manager and my order is being delivered on 5/23.

I've had a lot more luck off Ebay with buying optics and gun parts as they ship things out immediately in most cases and the EBay system watches all transactions and you can submit an issue and let the EBay folks deal with it.

I'm with you...I'm hesitant on ordering anything else from Optics Planet going forward.

Well maybe I’ll give them another shot at some point, but 5 outa 5 leaves a bad taste in your mouth. It’s not like I’m trying to order a original bolt for a Browning BAR, this is common items. Ambi safety, MAG release, AK furniture, etc.

Back
Top Bottom