• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OPTICS PLANET SUCKS

Optics planet always seems to do right by me. In the past few months I've probably spent north of 4k through them without a single issue. I've had fast shipping and reliable delivery. I've also called in the past and have had no issues getting through and no complaints with their customer service. Just my experience. Others may have had different.

If you're looking to buy from Optics Planet and don't want to get jerked around with shipping, then I'd recommend buying off of their e-bay store. At least then you know they have it in stock, and will ship within the time frame they say, or you have e-bay to bi**h to. I bought from them once online, and that was enough for me. I found out too late about their antics with shipping.

Same deal with their Amazon store. Just bought a Crimson Trace laser off Amazon and it was delivered within a couple of days. Very shocked to see it show up in an OP/DVOR box.

I have some backorders from 2019 that they can't seem to figure out how to cancel, no matter how many times I email them. I've never been able to get anyone on the phone.

It's too bad. They used to be a great place to shop. I never had any issues with them for years, then suddenly they just fell apart.

Yes Optics Planet shipping is sometimes slow but it is hard to beat their prices sometimes PLUS you do not get billed on your credit card until the order ships PLUS your price is locked in at the time of your order PLUS I almost always get a 10% discount by just asking for it. I can understand why some people do not like OP but I am not one of them.
This order for 1000 rounds of 9mm was placed on July 31st and is being delivered today...I have several other orders locked in at similar prices and I am definitely willing to wait at these prices.

Federal Premium Centerfire Handgun Ammunition 9mm Luger 115 grain Full Metal Jacket Centerfire Pistol Ammo, 200 Rounds, CAL9115200
SKU: 92D-LAP-FPPA16-CAL9115200 Caliber: 9mm Luger Number of Rounds: 200 Bullet Type: Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) Bullet Weight: 115 grain 5 $47.99 $239.95
Order Subtotal $239.95
Coupon -$24.00
Value Shipping FREE

Grand Total $215.95

I’ve always had good experiences with Optics Planet. In fact, I placed an order in January for an in-demand product that had been sold out and just came back in stock- bought it, within a day it was on the way and less than a week I had it in my hands. I was seriously impressed. I have since seen the exact same item at my local gun shop for $50 more.

Yes Optics Planet shipping is sometimes slow but it is hard to beat their prices sometimes PLUS you do not get billed on your credit card until the order ships PLUS your price is locked in at the time of your order PLUS I almost always get a 10% discount by just asking for it. I can understand why some people do not like OP but I am not one of them.
This order for 1000 rounds of 9mm was placed on July 31st and is being delivered today...I have several other orders locked in at similar prices and I am definitely willing to wait at these prices.

Federal Premium Centerfire Handgun Ammunition 9mm Luger 115 grain Full Metal Jacket Centerfire Pistol Ammo, 200 Rounds, CAL9115200
SKU: 92D-LAP-FPPA16-CAL9115200 Caliber: 9mm Luger Number of Rounds: 200 Bullet Type: Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) Bullet Weight: 115 grain 5 $47.99 $239.95
Order Subtotal $239.95
Coupon -$24.00
Value Shipping FREE

Grand Total $215.95

I have to disagree with you on this. I ordered a barrel from them 2 months ago that was "in stock and ships in 5 days". I still do not have my barrel and my last cc bill had the charge on it. I have tried to cancel, but keep getting an email that says this item cannot be canceled. I am now filing a dispute with cc.

I wish I would have seen this post before I ordered.

Oh, I found the barrel somewhere else and had it in 5 days.

Optics Planet can go POAR!

Placed an order for something I thought was in stock weeks ago (didn't say anything about a delay then). Supposed to have shipped already, but still says "processing". Disappointed with them.....

Still waiting on this.... They keep changing the ship date - early February became late March, then June, then it became April. It's always changing so, I don't know what to think. Now it's April 13th. :wacko:

I get it's ammo, but dang. I've seen this exact stuff around multiple places over the past 10 months. Placed order 10/02/2020.. Still waiting. They push the date out every week or two just to keep getting my hopes up..

Attachments

• op.JPG
    op.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom