• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions on ODT10 and Coronavirus

If we see 'peak CV' the next 2 weeks here in GA the 6/10 date might just scrape by. It really depends on how fast Kemp is on lifting the state SIP order.

My guess is unless Atlanta turns into another NYC, he'll do it sooner versus later, so hopefully mid-June will be OK, but it's cutting it close. And depending on the speed and efficiency of state government isn't ideal.

Also, we will have a second wave as soon as people go back to their workplaces. So you could see the ban on large gatherings staying in place for a while after other restrictions are lifted. That would probably keep the venue closed.

Normally I'd say Labor Day would be a loser, with everyone going off on vacation... But I'm thinking a lot of people will stay around home this year.

Some won't have the money for vacations, others may find their vacation spot still closed, and places like Disney and such will be a problem to get to if they even are open by then.

It could be that Labor Day would be the perfect time for this. Long enough out you can guarantee the venue and ry that time any 'second wave' will have come and gone. Pretty much everyone who's going to get it in 2020 will have had it and been done with it.

I was hoping not to have to take pictures , post and meet to sell stuff but if the show is going to be so far off I may as well start listing. Not sure what I will have to fill my 3 tables with when we get to have it.

How does everyone feel about things right now? Do you think June 13th will work out? Should we push to later in the year like Labor Day weekend? Or should I consider just pushing it until next year entirely?

Every option sucks, but I would really hate to have someone get sick and die from an event I had, and that's a pretty real consideration with how things are right now. Whatever I do I have to make the call at least 30-45 days out so I can have everything ordered and ready for the event. Just curious how everyone else feels about how things are right now. If I had to push it a year I would feel really silly considering I announced the thing over a year ago. :D
Shouldn't feel silly bout nothing ; Nobody knew this junk was gonna happen.

Postpone till next year for maximum participation and economic reparation. Until then have the biggest ODT GIVEAWAY DAY in history. Members only please, larger prizes for supporters only. Generate some revenue, have some fun. Lots of guys paying attention to the site due to current situation . I would donate items as I am sure others would. Get it going. Table this ODT10 till next year. Just MHO

Back
Top Bottom