• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions on Cellular trail cameras!

ditchdigger1

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
10   0
Reaction score
Long story short, I need surveillance on some property I own. I know that Peter Strzok and Lisa Page are qualified and available but thought I would go the cellular trail camera route. What are your opinions of the Trail cameras out now?

Thanks

8AF3FF45-DF73-47FA-BFB2-8227F99ABF58.png
I use the SPYPOINT micro at cabin in Macon county I have 3 set up around cabin and also use them as deer trail cams.very satisfied with them had them out since December they will transmit about 1500 pics with new batteries.the cams on sale are about $100 here are the plan cost.

I love my Moultrie XA7000I, easy to set up and battery life is tremendous. I picked the 850 pic plan, think it's $9.99/month. I set it up Dec 25th and the battery is just getting to 40%. Pic quality is awesome, signal has always been strong.
View attachment 2646549

I have a new one in the closet , bought one did well for awhile then no photos transmitted. It did make and store on card but none sent. Moultrie tested and sent a new camera (bad modem). Second on this for the $$ good camera.

I have a new one in the closet , bought one did well for awhile then no photos transmitted. It did make and store on card but none sent. Moultrie tested and sent a new camera (bad modem). Second on this for the $$ good camera.

Just returned mine to Amazon. Same deal. It was ok, lots of false triggers, uploaded good for a week then nothing. App sucks, goes down all the time. I’m going to another brand??

In for what you get next fslc94 fslc94

I have read reviews til I’m dizzy..At first I thought the Moultrie was great. The app crashed like 3 times in a week and like yours apparently the modem just **** canned. Amazon was good, did online chat and gave me instant refund, but man idk which direction to go? Heard more bad than good about Skypoint, Spartan so so. Ridgetec is supposed to be the Cadillac, except you buy credits instead of package per se. Low resolution pic is 1 credit, medium is 2.5, etc.

Just started using SPYPOINT micros. One out of three cameras has crashed. I need to retrieve it and see if it just might be the batteries. For the cost, I’m very pleased so far. It transmits the pictures in a thumbnail format so resolution is low, but good enough. You can pull the card and get the high resolution pics. Very happy with ease of use.

TACTACAM REVEAL. I have used Spartan and Spypoint. I recently bought a Reveal, and now have three. They have performed flawlessly. 24 MP to SD card, video, and they work. If you do need customer service, they are the most helpful I have ever seen. Sign up to the Spypoint and Tactacam Reveal Facebook pages. It says a lot about their products. Spypoint is full of complaints, while the Reveal is mostly praise, with a few questions about how to do something. I have a thread in the hunting section about them.

Back
Top Bottom