• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

opinion on toyota camry

dakota port

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
178   0
Reaction score
my grandfather was looking for a car to run around town in so he doesn't have to put too many miles on his lincoln town car that only has 40,000 miles on it. with good fuel economy

down the street there is a 1993 toyota camry xle with a 4 cylinder 2.2 engine with 236,400 miles on it that i checked out.

-all the electronics work,
-comes with an whole folder busting at the seams with records of oil changes and things done to the car
-the interior is near mint
-the engine and transmission work great and it drives well.
-the original window sticker says it gets 19 mpg city and 33 highway

the only bad part is that
-the rear right hand fender in behind the gas tank hole has a huge dent in it from an auto accident
- the right hand sid of the rear bumper is crushed in but is not interfering with the wheel turning

the gas tank was not damaged as it will hold gas, the gas gauge works well and has no sign of leakage and the trunk still opens and closes as it should

in fair condition the car goes for $1100 from kbb website, i want to offer her $400-$500 for the car. it is worth that much? i asked her what she was expecting i just kept getting "whatever you think is fair" as the answer and it has make offer written on the sale sign in the windows

Last edited:
If you can get it cheap, run it till the wheels fall off.

Don't forget about the damn taxes though

I got a 2000 for $400 + taxes + radiator + battery etc, about 1000 total

I consider it disposable. Take it to the scrapper when she gives up

Back
Top Bottom