• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opine here Please!... Supply's

Propilot

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
2   0
Reaction score
Everywhere I hear "Out of Stock because of demand"

But can it be on reloading supplies as well? I understand the Ammo shortage because of all the record-breaking new gun owners. But do you think that there are that many new reloader popping up?

Primers are being used to fill the backlog of orders for completed ammunition leaving only a small amount for those of us who reload.

The other components should be readily available on-line or at local retailers.

I'm just loving all the scam websites that magically have primers in stock for a decent price but only take venmo or cash app which they will give you instructions for after you put in all your info. Just wondering how many people have been taken by that bs. One site looked so legit they almost got me.

Everywhere I hear "Out of Stock because of demand"

But can it be on reloading supplies as well? I understand the Ammo shortage because of all the record-breaking new gun owners. But do you think that there are that many new reloader popping up?

It’s simple really if you dive deep enough.

Primers-
Who are the primer manufacturers in the US?

CCI
Federal
Remington
Winchester

ATK spin-off VISTA outdoors now owns all of them except for Winchester which is owned by Olin. Who is Olin?

Remington’s troubles could not have happened at a worse time so consider that as a compounding agent in the Ammunition issues of 2019-2021.

1. Remington Ammunition , a big player in the ammo game was in limited production in 2020: 40% of the workers for instance.

2. Covid shut things down for a bit right around the time demand really went up due to distrust of what was going on. January-May 2020.

There’s a higher profit margin on loaded Ammunition & the 4 above have large contracts with all the ammo companies that they are obligated to fulfill before sending components to resellers/retailers.

Think back if you will to the Obama era-
Do you remember all those agencies,( Department of Interior, Bureau of Land Management, etc.,), that were placing Ammunition orders that just didn’t add up? Those contracts put a shortage on components then that took years to overcome.

Another Fun Fact-

Now consider the same with the Powder & lead smelting facilities & it’s not hard to see what’s been going on for years.

Bottom Line,
Just-In-Time or LEAN manufacturing principles need to be re-evaluated now that we see the disruption associated with relying on smaller warehouses & supply chains that involve shipping items from overseas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There will be a shortage as long as the ammo manufacturers keep prioritizing the government over YOU. CCI, Federal, Win, you name it, are all in bed with the government, they are not your friend. The government banned foreign importation of components in large. Anyone wanna guess why? Because the GOV DOESNT RUN THOSE, like it does Federal, Win, CCI.
The shortage would be over in a month, if all these, supposed patriotic companies, would stop selling to the government.

The source of all your complaints. is the government. Both sides super bad, one side, obviously the lesser of 2 absolute evils.

use this to find what you want. Spend your money. Cuz next year your money worth at least 5% less, and so on and so forth.

I am from CA. And I can tell you right now, what I saw happening in CA about 20 years ago, is now happening to GA. The first sign is real estate prices are astronomical. The 2nd sign is dems start winning national seats where they have not done that for many decades. That happened in CA around 2002. In 3 years CA housing market went up about 60%. Your house here in GA you paid $200k for 10 years ago? Probably 425k today. Everywhere I see, they putting up "CA" style down-towns, with town homes that are $300 a sq ft, starting at 700k for a damn 2300sq foot home on 1/7 acre with no yard. This going on EVERYWHERE. So so many people I meet are coming here from NY and CA, and other areas. And they are not changing how they vote. They didn't learn.

Its time to move out. This place is on the clock. Remember, the gun and ammo companies? They are NOT your friends, and they don't give a flying frick about you. Speer, Federal, Win, CCI....they are hooked on that gov income. They got rich off it. you have to wonder? Why the largest gun and component makers all home based on Democrat states? hmm. BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL IN BED WITH THEM.

There will be a shortage as long as the ammo manufacturers keep prioritizing the government over YOU. CCI, Federal, Win, you name it, are all in bed with the government, they are not your friend. The government banned foreign importation of components in large. Anyone wanna guess why? Because the GOV DOESNT RUN THOSE, like it does Federal, Win, CCI.
The shortage would be over in a month, if all these, supposed patriotic companies, would stop selling to the government.

The source of all your complaints. is the government. Both sides super bad, one side, obviously the lesser of 2 absolute evils.

use this to find what you want. Spend your money. Cuz next year your money worth at least 5% less, and so on and so forth.

I am from CA. And I can tell you right now, what I saw happening in CA about 20 years ago, is now happening to GA. The first sign is real estate prices are astronomical. The 2nd sign is dems start winning national seats where they have not done that for many decades. That happened in CA around 2002. In 3 years CA housing market went up about 60%. Your house here in GA you paid $200k for 10 years ago? Probably 425k today. Everywhere I see, they putting up "CA" style down-towns, with town homes that are $300 a sq ft, starting at 700k for a damn 2300sq foot home on 1/7 acre with no yard. This going on EVERYWHERE. So so many people I meet are coming here from NY and CA, and other areas. And they are not changing how they vote. They didn't learn.

Its time to move out. This place is on the clock. Remember, the gun and ammo companies? They are NOT your friends, and they don't give a flying frick about you. Speer, Federal, Win, CCI....they are hooked on that gov income. They got rich off it. you have to wonder? Why the largest gun and component makers all home based on Democrat states? hmm. BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL IN BED WITH THEM.

It's not just GA. Every conservative bastion that matters is being targeted. These people are extremely good at playing the long game. And we ignore it. We down play it and dismiss it. Because doing something about it is unpleasant and takes actual effort.

Back
Top Bottom