• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opening day of turkey season 2021

Sitting on a ridge on public land heard a Jake gobble way off, bout 15 minutes later heard a gunshot in same direction.

Starting to make my way out. Only heard the lone Jake gobble then get ended. Got about 2 miles of walking ahead of me. This weather this morning is far from ideal for opening morning. Oh well

Had three Jake’s and four hens 20 yards away all morning. No Toms. Ton of people on public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
forreal. This morning we rolled in around 545 and passed 10 cars on the dirt road I was on. I walked the road up for about half a mile and got passed by 3 trucks. When I turned to go to the spot I was going to there was a guy sitting at his truck looking like he was gonna go that way. Just kept on walkin, he probably wasn't going in as far as I was anyways...

Windy here in dahlonega and not a bird to be found saw some deer and a bear in the last 5 hours But got to check on my stands and feeders.stands no are still there and I guess the bear decided to destroy one feeder at least it was and old one.

When wind howls from East turkeys gobble the least . The March wind howling her displeasure that ole Man winter is leaving her for awhile. The warm mornings of April not far away when I hear Mr whippoorwill then it’s time go play with ole Tom , not many Turkeys around these days.

Back
Top Bottom