• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Online ammo in stock

As someone said earlier... if you weren't stocked up by now shame on you. Ammo prices across the board have been so cheap for so long that I am surprised companies haven't just stopped producing it. One upside is that I'm not getting 2 or 3 emails a day from SGAmmo and Target sports basically begging us to buy ammo.
And... we complain about flippers and websites charging insane prices for ammo that we had every opportunity to buy at rock bottom prices. I look at mine as an investment. Instead of a CD paying less than 2% I'd rather stockpile ammo and have that piece of mind that when things like this happen I'm set and my friends are set, and my neighbors are set. And if I choose to allow a total stranger to be set as well, I have no problem with them paying me a convenience fee/storage fee/stupidity tax. Somehow when a company or website does it some folks get all bent outta shape.
It's completely different for perishable items like food or gasoline. But if stored correctly there is no ammo that shouldnt still be good well after any of us living now are gone.
And before I get the hate emails, yes... I have plenty of rump ribbon, bleach, wipes, mres, and canned supplies to last me a pretty long time.

As someone said earlier... if you weren't stocked up by now shame on you. Ammo prices across the board have been so cheap for so long that I am surprised companies haven't just stopped producing it. One upside is that I'm not getting 2 or 3 emails a day from SGAmmo and Target sports basically begging us to buy ammo.
And... we complain about flippers and websites charging insane prices for ammo that we had every opportunity to buy at rock bottom prices. I look at mine as an investment. Instead of a CD paying less than 2% I'd rather stockpile ammo and have that piece of mind that when things like this happen I'm set and my friends are set, and my neighbors are set. And if I choose to allow a total stranger to be set as well, I have no problem with them paying me a convenience fee/storage fee/stupidity tax. Somehow when a company or website does it some folks get all bent outta shape.
It's completely different for perishable items like food or gasoline. But if stored correctly there is no ammo that shouldnt still be good well after any of us living now are gone.
And before I get the hate emails, yes... I have plenty of rump ribbon, bleach, wipes, mres, and canned supplies to last me a pretty long time.

Completely agree! That said, at times like these I really like having the ability to "roll my own". I can run 9mm, 40, 38 & 45 at about 300/hour for about $0.13-$0.17 each. Granted, reloading pistol ammo might not be a huge cost saver for me (unlike rifle ammo). But since I have plenty of components, I'm completely insulated from "shortages".

Just glad I've been a good customer of SGAmmo for the last 8 years. I can skip all this garbage.

I went by their site just for grins today, and it's literally closed down. Not 'backorders'... closed.

That being said, if you buy by the case and know their other site, looks like that's still open for business.

EDIT: nope, they aren't taking new orders there either. I feel sad.

Back
Top Bottom