• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One wasnt enough

I just want another to have and I think there a pretty great deal for what your getting.

Definitely nothing wrong with that! I just didn't want you to get the impression your Winny should be "saved". It's not really a collectible in the sense of anything rare, so enjoy it.

"I just want another" is a perfectly good reason for guys like us.

A six-digit LEAD rebuild winchester with a like-new barrel. She will be an amazing shooter. Excellent choice.....
I've only seen a few LEAD rifles, maybe 8 or 9, and ALL of them had a '65 or '66 barrel date. That is a nice find. If it was a Winchester barrel I'd cry BS, LOL.

If you're going because you want another Garand (never a bad thing), then go for it. But go ahead and shoot what you have - you'll likely not wear it out anyway and you can't take it with you when you die.
I like to keep three on hand. Two "collectible" but also shooters and one (the least nice) available for sale or trade. If you aren't careful with these things you'll end up with 6 - 10 of them.

I like to keep three on hand. Two "collectible" but also shooters and one (the least nice) available for sale or trade. If you aren't careful with these things you'll end up with 6 - 10 of them.

You're absolutely right - I've got 3 at the moment and say that I don't need anymore. Fortunately my 1903 addiction has held me off on getting another Garand. I'm at 7 at the moment - several unmolested CMP guns, the rest shooters from converted drill rifles.

Yep, I have 5 now. Started out only wanting a WWII Sringfield. Now have one of each manufacturer and a "spare" Winchester. Both my Winnes have Winchester barrels and my "keeper" has all WRA components. WRA Oprods are hard to find.

Back
Top Bottom