• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One in a million shot

Best shot on something breathing was a 4 point dead between the eyes about 75-80 yards freehand . Had to drag him out by the back legs after that. Non breathing , a can at 25 yards between the legs with a Red Ryder.

we had a drunk game at night .Empty beer can,shoot at the top where opening was.Miss the opening take a shot of whatever licker was on the table.Lot of drunks.

That is but a flesh wound.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
lol

d8ed0df7eae2d85c6ac46202f946b48d.jpg

I was hunting down a pack of wild dogs that were killing and maiming livestock at the farm where I kept my horse back when I was a teenager. My friend was hunting with a 12 gauge semi auto shotgun. I was hunting with an M1 Carbine. We both had iron sights. At the end of the day, just before dark, we stopped to rest at the bottom of the last big grassy hill below the barn and home. I was exhausted and about to doze off when my friend started popping off shots in the air. I asked what he was shooting at..."a bat". I laughed...he kept shooting and missing. Finally, I started aiming with the carbine and kinda started timing this one bat flying in an almost figure 8 pattern...My friend said, "no way you can hit it with that. I can't hit one with a shotgun!" .I kept watching this one spot the bat kept passing through. When he got predictable enough...POW...one shot, dead bat...with an M1 Carbine.

Not me, I was driving, but I handed one of those little cheap .22 derringers to a friend as a rat was crossing the road about 15 yards in front of us at a stop sign.

I had it loaded with one LR and one shotshell, I selected the shotshell and he leaned out the window and took a shot. He nailed that rat perfectly.

I thought that was pretty good shooting.
When I went to replace the shotshell I saw he had shot the .22 LR round!
That was pretty amazing.

Me, I've learned to never shoot at anything, just because you don't think you can hit it.
My Mom was pissed for awhile...... Only she thought it was my brother. :becky:

Alex Range.jpg

hit a twine target line at 10 Yards with an "Abused" BB Gun at the Cub scout camp this weekend in front of a crowd of scouts and parents. these rifles are ground into the concrete, stepped on and generally mistreated.

"Rangemaster, this BB Gun doesn't shoot."

*lever-actioned* (me)"See the string?...." *TWANG!* "Works fine."

never heard another complaint :)

Back
Top Bottom