• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Older suppressors and their defunct companies.

How often do you shoot your older suppressors?

• Once a week

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Once a month

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Quarterly

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • EVERYDAY

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Never

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Rare

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

AK74U

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
89   0
Reaction score
Guys, there has been a change of hands in a few suppressor companies lately: AAC & Gemtech. With no AAC support and I suggest the new owners of Gemtech will follow suit. How many of yall still shoot your older cans, even though you cant get any support for baffle strikes, parts, general support, etc? I have 4 AAC can's and probably wont shoot them much since there is no support. I know there are some Huntertown Arms, Palmetto State Defense, DeGroat, OPS Inc, etc owners who still put theirs to work. Let's find out who doesnt care about wear and tear!

if you have issues there are plenty of companies that will work with you to fix what you have. I know Liberty Suppressors in Trenton GA have recored a lot of older companies stuff. There are others that will do the same you just have to look around if you have any issues.

Great news, I know ECCO Machine does away with the old AAC ratcheting system.

if you have issues there are plenty of companies that will work with you to fix what you have. I know Liberty Suppressors in Trenton GA have recored a lot of older companies stuff. There are others that will do the same you just have to look around if you have any issues.

Not too much of a concern of mine. I dont shoot much anyways, especially with the current ammo situation. I have a M4-2000 and a SDN-6 both military grade suppressors so I'd imagine they are pretty stout and I only run quality ammo. Of course theres that odd chance of a baffle strike but I'll deal with it if and when the time comes

My AAC "Pilot" .22LR can isn't used much these days. The first 2 years I owned it, I shot it more than all the years since.
It doesn't seem to be any heavier or louder... but it can't be disassembled for cleaning. It's a sealed unit.
Yes, I'll keep shooting it as much as I want-- though that isn't all that much these days.

I have one can that fits this discussion and it has always sat most of the time. It's a Tirant-45M. I don't shoot my 45 that much anymore and my one short 9mm is setup for 3-lug with a rugged obsidian. I might have to take it out this weekend just cause.

Back
Top Bottom