• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Okay I'm into watches again. Post your favorite models

I have looked at those same vintage Orients several times. The King Diver version like I would want tends to go for too much money given it's a used watch AND almost always coming from India. To be faor I have recently bought a 70s vintage Seiko 5 automatic and a 70s vintage Citizen that came from India. The Seiko keeps good time. The Citizen looks the best but has almost no power reserve I guspess you would call it. If I take it off and put it down it will stop running before the end of the day.
Last month I was bidding on a vintage Orient that was rectangular and it was THE only one in that style I have ever seen . Supposedly it was intended for the German market . It wound up selling for nearly $200.00 plus shipping which again I just can't see spending that much on a used watch from a foreign seller. Since then I have wanted a square or rectangular watch. Something similar to the Tag Heauer Monaco but not that damn big. Plus, I don't really need or dig the sub dials of a chronograph. Just too much going on there making for a cluttered looking dial.
Yeah those are the ones, the King Diver. I love the Seiko 5 as well. You can get those cheap and they last. I'm with you, hard to fork over that much cash for something used from a foreign seller.

These are the square models I was referring to earlier. Both have been discontinued for a good while which means you catch hell trying to find one especially since they aint the more popular models from their respective manufacturers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211102-211518_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-211518_eBay.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20211124-082917_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20211124-082917_Google.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 29
My dream, Rolex Milgauss, $8300 retail at Mayors Lenox Mall, and may never come available. Secondary market, $12,000. Lol,lol!!
Yeah Rolex just keeps getting further and further away from my grasp. It's so bad that I have seen videos telling how ADs pick and choose the people on the waiting list. They even have checklists with questions like " Is the buyer a previous customer? " and " Is the buyer a Rilex owner or previous Rolex buyer?"
Meanwhile you can walk into the Omega store and pick what you want pay and walk out with your new Seamaster.

Here are 2 more models I have been searching for lately. They are by Phoibos which is a micro brand using the good old Seiko NH 35 movements . Although the Ocean Master model is quartz. But here is the problem. They make a limited run of these watches and that's it. The Ocean Master is discontinued and the orangs and black Reef Master has been sold out for months with no email notice of them making anymore.
Seems to me that there is a side hustle here for anyone that can soirce these watches before they sell out and sell them on the secondary market. And it's not just these micro brands. Lord knows used Seiko divers sell on ebay for more than the original MSRP. I have seen SKX 007s going for $500.00.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211124-090126_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20211124-090126_Google.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20211124-085847_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20211124-085847_Google.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 18
That might seem like a lot of money but compared to a similar Rolex...
Agreed, Omega is just as good as a Rolex in my opinion, at a fraction of the cost. Plus they're actually available. Good luck finding a Rolex selling for retail right now. Places like eBay have them going for thousands over retail for a used one.

Agreed, Omega is just as good as a Rolex in my opinion, at a fraction of the cost. Plus they're actually available. Good luck finding a Rolex selling for retail right now. Places like eBay have them going for thousands over retail for a used one.
Actually, you can can still order most any Rolex that’s not a sports watch. 30-40 weeks and retail price, at least 25% less than secondary market.

Back
Top Bottom