• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ok, I can see how shooting at distance can be addictive…

I've got some practicing to do before a match anyway, especially at 200 yards. I'll be practicing shooting prone for the first time with my Tikka T1x .22lr, at 100 yards with the KYL steel and some paper at 200...we will see how that goes.
Matches can be great practice and help you figure out what you need to practice.

Riverbend Gun Club.

I’m a member…was up there this morning actually…but you can’t shoot rimfire past 200 there
406EECD9-1ACF-4CB2-B105-5DCE7985E3FE.jpeg

EBC4D5A8-93FA-4C96-9FCE-BFC099717227.jpeg

Your on MP1 in your photo... know it well... that said... just laying on the ground is not just all it takes to fundamentally shoot a .22 well... learning and shooting all the disciplines, learning your rifle, the best glass possible... and most of all, finding out what specific ammo your rifle likes best...that's the road to great .22 rifle shooting...

Your on MP1 in your photo... know it well... that said... just laying on the ground is not just all it takes to fundamentally shoot a .22 well... learning and shooting all the disciplines, learning your rifle, the best glass possible... and most of all, finding out what specific ammo your rifle likes best...that's the road to great .22 rifle shooting...

I agree 100%...the conversation I was responding too was "stretching out a little further than 200 yards"...which you can't do at RBGC with a .22 if I'm not mistaken. They won't let you shoot on the high power range except for certain matches, and I think they still only shoot 200 yards then, even at the high powered range.

I'm all for practice and learning, that's why I was up at 5:45am and out to RBGC by 7:30 from Kennesaw this morning. I had an ok day of shooting, here are a few of my targets at 200 yards...

QPGtXPNTTX6IRb3O1VeWqA.jpg

gKfUcEEPQSO6jk4mXeLLBg.jpg

Box #'s 3 and 5 were pretty good, at least, for me...

You can shoot rimfire on the silhouette range as long as you are using a target rimfire rifle capable of hitting at those distances and know your holdovers. That range has berms at 219, 327, 420, and 545 yard berms.

I guess I didn't pay enough attention during new member orientation lol...I didn't even think about going and shooting at the silhouette range. Thank you for the reminder! :)

Back
Top Bottom