• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OH Great ODT WORLD! Nite vision vs thermal???

I prefer thermal every day.

So much faster to spot, track, and shoot.

Especially much easier for locating.

Pulsar core is a great unit to start with.

I am looking for a good thermal monocular to help me spot squirrels in the tall trees. I am now 75 years old and can't spot them the way that I use to. Any of you fellow hunters out there use a thermal monocular for spotting small game. If so which do you use and what would you recommend. The unit will be used for scaring and will not be mounted on a rifle.. Thanks my friends...

Bill if I had a choice I would spot with thermal and shoot with good gen 3 optics.i use nightvision for both never took the plunge on thermal,but have hunted with both.i really like the white phosphorus.both mine are green.

I've spent a decent amount of time behind both (all good high quality stuff) and I agree with this as well. Spot with thermal and shoot with good G3 NV. It's easier to pick out the critters with thermal but you lose definition of defining features with thermal that you gain with NV.

the problem with scanning with thermal is that it uses lots and lots of battery just putting nods on for scanning is more comfortable and has way more battery life and instead of picking your gun up to scan every couple minutes in the dark with that being said mounted thermal and pulsar for the win check out their xm30

Back
Top Bottom