• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

tell that to APMEX, Scottsdale, eBay, US mint, etc.....
ive never been charged by apmex or ebay for tax (an you shouldnt be using ebay unless you are going through a vindicated store such as Bay PM)

cant speak to the others

provident and jmbullion been a good to go for me. ive used sdbullion once or twice in the past as well

I'm struggling with which to purchase. Would it be smarter to buy a couple ounces of gold or the same amount worth of silver? I currently have a good bit of silver I purchased years ago between 8 and 16 dollars an ounce.

Is JM Bullion and Provident still the best place to purchase?

I'm struggling with which to purchase. Would it be smarter to buy a couple ounces of gold or the same amount worth of silver? I currently have a good bit of silver I purchased years ago between 8 and 16 dollars an ounce.

Is JM Bullion and Provident still the best place to purchase?
The gold to silver ratio is still above its historical high. Silver has far more industrial applications than gold, as electric cars become more useful demand will increase. The major shorts have controlled the silver market for decades in a way that should be illegal be evidently isn’t or it gets winked at, if the shorts are ever squeezed silver will skyrocket but I have quit holding my breath. It’s like seeing Hunter Biden led away in handcuffs. Should happen, we want it to happen, ain’t gonna happen.
I think silver has more upside potential, $2000 in gold is much easier to carry than $2000 in silver. Pick your poison.

The gold to silver ratio is still above its historical high. Silver has far more industrial applications than gold, as electric cars become more useful demand will increase. The major shorts have controlled the silver market for decades in a way that should be illegal be evidently isn’t or it gets winked at, if the shorts are ever squeezed silver will skyrocket but I have quit holding my breath. It’s like seeing Hunter Biden led away in handcuffs. Should happen, we want it to happen, ain’t gonna happen.
I think silver has more upside potential, $2000 in gold is much easier to carry than $2000 in silver. Pick your poison.
Silver definitely has more upside potential, but I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket. If he doesn't have any gold at all then he might want to get a few ounces of that before buying more silver. Also very seriously consider some platinum; that's a fantastic buy just like silver is. Having some of each, I'd sooner buy platinum or silver than gold.

Random, but we had 2 ODT members reach out to us today so I figured I'd post on here for those that may be interested..

If you're looking to buy or sell, Gold, Silver, Platinum coins/bars/bullion/etc, we would love to have ODT members schedule an appointment whether it's to buy or sell.

We are located in John's Creek and are by appointment only, open Monday-Friday.

Feel free to check us out at https://atlantagoldandcoin.com/coin-buying-rates/ Our website has our inventory, as well as,our Buy and Sell rates for most items. It's not guaranteed, but the rates are usually pretty close unless there is something wrong or more right than you may have thought that would effect the price one way or another.

Minimum for Buy or Sell appointments is $500 and you can schedule through our website or by giving us a call at (404)-907-1919. We do not have a store front and again are appointment only so please do not just come by without giving us a call first, I'd hate for you to be stuck waiting for a break in appointment slots, but we can usually find a time the same day if you call before noon-ish.

I just recently joined the team at Atlanta Gold and Coin Buyers so I was excited to see 2 ODT members had reached out during my first week! Hope to see more in the near future!

-Hunter

Random, but we had 2 ODT members reach out to us today so I figured I'd post on here for those that may be interested..

If you're looking to buy or sell, Gold, Silver, Platinum coins/bars/bullion/etc, we would love to have ODT members schedule an appointment whether it's to buy or sell.

We are located in John's Creek and are by appointment only, open Monday-Friday.

Feel free to check us out at https://atlantagoldandcoin.com/coin-buying-rates/ Our website has our inventory, as well as,our Buy and Sell rates for most items. It's not guaranteed, but the rates are usually pretty close unless there is something wrong or more right than you may have thought that would effect the price one way or another.

Minimum for Buy or Sell appointments is $500 and you can schedule through our website or by giving us a call at (404)-907-1919. We do not have a store front and again are appointment only so please do not just come by without giving us a call first, I'd hate for you to be stuck waiting for a break in appointment slots, but we can usually find a time the same day if you call before noon-ish.

I just recently joined the team at Atlanta Gold and Coin Buyers so I was excited to see 2 ODT members had reached out during my first week! Hope to see more in the near future!

-Hunter

Do yall do off hour/day appointments for those of us who like to buy but work crazy hours? Like on a Sunday.

Do yall do off hour/day appointments for those of us who like to buy but work crazy hours? Like on a Sunday.

Unfortunately we do not offer off hour appointments outside of certain circumstances. Feel free to shoot me a message on specifics of what you are looking to buy or sell and we can go from there, however, 99% of transactions are done Monday-Friday. Thanks!

Anyone know of a good place to buy gold and silver bullion in N.W. Ga? I live in Woodstock.

Thanks!!
Seems like coin/ metals dealers are hard to find. I got lucky and there's one in Warner Robins called Wellston Gold and Silver Exchange. They've been in the same spot for at least 30 years. I can go buy there and buy 1 ounce and they're as glad to see me as if I bout 25 . Yesterday I bought 2 Canadian rounds that were 1.5 oz each instead of 1 oz. I know it's just half an oz but they really feel a lot heavier than any of my 1 oz rounds. So it was 3oz out the door for $91.00. Not great but not horrible either.

Provident and JMBullion do not charge sales tax on bullion and sovereigns.
I ordered I think 10 Sunshine Mint rounds from JMB earlier this month and got free shipping and no sales tax. The shipping was pretty quick too. But they had this catch that i fell for. When you're ready to finalize your order you see the free shipping part but then you also see this warning about how swamped the post office is lately and possibly losing your package. So I think it over a minute and tell myself " Hey its $6.00 and change more for priority with signature required shipping. I'd feel really stupid if I lost close to $400.00 worth of silver over another $6.00." So I clicked in the more secure priority shipping.
Well about 4 days later tracking showed my package out for delivery. I was home and heard the mail truck. Got up to go to meet them halfway and sign for it but by the time i opened the front door all I saw was taillights. So yeah the short answer is the postman stuck my secure/priority package in the box with the junk mail and hauled ass. Oh well at least I got it.

Back
Top Bottom