• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

There is a local Atlanta coin show every month in a hotel ballroom up in May-retta. I have bought some stuff there, mainly 90% silver dimes/quarters. No charge to go, it is usually the first Sunday of the month...but not always.

Ive wanted to get into silver stacking/collecting for a while. I’ve read about pros/cons of bullion vs coins but still it seems the more I read the more confusing this gets.

Do any of yall mind sharing your preferences on coins vs bars/rounds or sending me a link or referring me to a source where I can do some more research?

Im not looking to purchase large amount just looking to pickup a new hobby... maybe starting out at 3-4 oz/month and eventually accumulate a collection.

Thanks
Look at apmex onegold. You can set up auto purchases each day, week, or whatever you prefer, and build up cash in your account, then redeem it for physical metal whenever you want. Its got free shipping and you get their best tier pricing. I have mine set up to buy 2 ounces of silver a week, and about $40 worth of gold a week. That way about every 10 weeks I can get a tube of silver eagles, and a 1oz gold eagle in a year.

but its a whole lot more fun to stop by your local coin shop and dig through their inventory and pick out what you like

There is a local Atlanta coin show every month in a hotel ballroom up in May-retta. I have bought some stuff there, mainly 90% silver dimes/quarters. No charge to go, it is usually the first Sunday of the month...but not always.

its this weekend, im hoping to go for the first time

Ive wanted to get into silver stacking/collecting for a while. I’ve read about pros/cons of bullion vs coins but still it seems the more I read the more confusing this gets.

Do any of yall mind sharing your preferences on coins vs bars/rounds or sending me a link or referring me to a source where I can do some more research?

Im not looking to purchase large amount just looking to pickup a new hobby... maybe starting out at 3-4 oz/month and eventually accumulate a collection.

Thanks

as with any hobby, what do you want out of it? With silver, you can stack to prep for survival, collect different kinds of coins or bars etc. Many different ways. Some coins go up in value government bullion as they produce less in certain years they are more collectible. Lots of silver produced around the world. I will say you have to shop around, dealers run sales and lower the premiums. Figure out what you want

I can not afford to buy a 1oz. Gold coin. My budget would've around 500 per transaction. What is the best buy ? Grams? What mint? Do gram bars sell easy?

I picked up a couple of nice graded ATB 5oz coins today.
IMG_20201026_110545242.jpg

The BU ones, in my understanding, were graded like that for the TV hucksters to sell bulk amounts of. I've seen a lot of coins with UNC or BU PCGS grades and the bulk of those were sold on TV for pretty hefty prices.

The BU ones, in my understanding, were graded like that for the TV hucksters to sell bulk amounts of. I've seen a lot of coins with UNC or BU PCGS grades and the bulk of those were sold on TV for pretty hefty prices.

I could see that being true, wouldn't surprise me at all.

Back
Top Bottom