• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

Ive wanted to get into silver stacking/collecting for a while. I’ve read about pros/cons of bullion vs coins but still it seems the more I read the more confusing this gets.

Do any of yall mind sharing your preferences on coins vs bars/rounds or sending me a link or referring me to a source where I can do some more research?

Im not looking to purchase large amount just looking to pickup a new hobby... maybe starting out at 3-4 oz/month and eventually accumulate a collection.

Thanks
If you're looking for a new hobby, I'd say to buy what you like. At 3-4 oz/month your shipping expenses will make it harder if you want to make money, but that may be easier if you have a good local source.

Ive wanted to get into silver stacking/collecting for a while. I’ve read about pros/cons of bullion vs coins but still it seems the more I read the more confusing this gets.

Do any of yall mind sharing your preferences on coins vs bars/rounds or sending me a link or referring me to a source where I can do some more research?

Im not looking to purchase large amount just looking to pickup a new hobby... maybe starting out at 3-4 oz/month and eventually accumulate a collection.

Thanks
As said above 3-4 oz at a time is going to be costly in terms of shipping. Buying when bargains pop up at local coin shops, pawn shops and such can mitigate that to a degree. There are decent deals on here from time to time. Your best bet might be to put back the cash equivalent of 3-4 oz a month then make larger buys as the opportunity presents itself.
Several well priced, reputable dealers are:
https://www.jmbullion.com/

https://www.kitco.com/

https://www.apmex.com/

They also have good news and research sources on these sites.

Interesting. Silver production is way down. 14oz of Silver used to be mined for 1oz of silver. Now it is 8 to 1.
And we are not recycling the silver from the electronics.
I used to sell my old film negatives for recycling in my old business, now almost nobody uses film.

Not below 20, and they do, premiums will rise. Mines have been sitting on their supplies, when prices dropped to $14/ounce. They lose money if they sell.

$11,250K gold and $160 silver by 2023, IF gold to silver ratio stays at 1 to 70.
I believe it will start reverting closer to the historical 1 to 25, as gold becomes too expensive for a lot investors. Then we are looking at $450 silver.

$11,250K gold and $160 silver by 2023, IF gold to silver ratio stays at 1 to 70.
I believe it will start reverting closer to the historical 1 to 25, as gold becomes too expensive for a lot investors. Then we are looking at $450 silver.
That would great, but the powers at be always still seem to find ways manipulate the prices. When gold hit $2k silver should have been right there with a new hi, but it never broke $30.

Uou are looking at the numbers wrong.

On Sept 16th gold hit $1960, silver was $27. 72 to 1 ratio

On March 19th silver was $12.12, gold was 1471, 121 to 1 ratio.
To have a $30 silver, when gold is $2000, would require a 30:1 ratio. That will not happen until gold is priced out of reach of most investors, ie $5,000 to $10,000 per Toz.

Your math is wrong, $30 silver with gold at $2k is a 66 to 1 and is quite do able. If gold sets a new hi so should silver! We have not even sniffed a new hi in silver. So no I do not believe I’m looking at it wrong. Even getting to $50 for sliver would be 40:1 and that is possible.

Back
Top Bottom