• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

I'd start with the more collectible. Numismatic values are far less volatile than melt values.

I do have one serious question though, what is a good multiplier for old US 90% circulated coins? Same question for the 40% silver half dollars? How many times "face value" should these sell for? I've got quite a few bags of this stuff, Barber, Mercury, Walking Liberty, Roosevelt, Washington, Kennedy . . . .

How much should $10 face value go for?

Z

upload_2020-8-8_14-59-58.png

I bought some at $110, but it was about 6 months ago.

Checked one of my dealers for this weeks prices....90% silver quarter rolls are $192.00, so up $82 on the quarter rolls I bought 6 months ago. Eye-opening.

I do have one serious question though, what is a good multiplier for old US 90% circulated coins? Same question for the 40% silver half dollars? How many times "face value" should these sell for? I've got quite a few bags of this stuff, Barber, Mercury, Walking Liberty, Roosevelt, Washington, Kennedy . . . .

Z

View attachment 2757518
check out coinflation.com it has some calculators to give you an idea.

Z

View attachment 2757518

To figure 'melt' price of 90% silver coins, take the spot price of silver and multiply by .7234.
Example: You have $25.00 face value of silver coins (halves, quarters, dimes). Kitco says silver closed at $28.32 an ounce (Bid price).
$28.32 x .7234 = 20.48. So, $25 (face silver coins) x 20.48 = $512.

What that brings when you buy (or sell) depends on how much of a premium (or discount) the buyer (seller) agree to.

As for the 40% Kennedy Halves, they contain 0.1479 oz. of silver. With Silver spot at $28.32, the 1965-1970 halves are worth $4.19 each.

Back
Top Bottom