• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

What about those brokers marketing the stock to the mines itself? Seriously - I mean the silver is coming from somewhere and till the mine runs out is it a good idea to invest in their stock?

mods if it’s the wrong thread pls move
Thanks
Just keep in mind that mining stocks and the metal that they mine are two entirely different investments. Buying stock in a silver mine is not at all the same as buying physical silver.

Ok so i signed up for an apmex account. The buffalo rounds are the cheapest are there any disadvantages to buying those? I was looking at the maples and kugerands as well.

Ok so i signed up for an apmex account. The buffalo rounds are the cheapest are there any disadvantages to buying those? I was looking at the maples and kugerands as well.

It depends on your philosophy of the metal. Are you a collector or a stacker or a hybrid?

For a first time buyer, I would just be going for maximum metal content at the cheapest price.

As you continue your path of buying, you may want to branch out into the boutique rounds and bars etc.

As mentioned, I am a hybrid where i wont pass up a killer deal on no name silver, but on the other side, I have no problems paying $50 to $100 for an ounce of something that is highly collectable IMO.

So doing some further research, it seems that american eagles are what i need to buy. I have found them all over the place. Where and at what price should i buy these at? I know im late to the game but everyone has to start somewhere. Im looking for a few hundred bucks worth. Do yall think it will go back down?

So doing some further research, it seems that american eagles are what i need to buy. I have found them all over the place. Where and at what price should i buy these at? I know im late to the game but everyone has to start somewhere. Im looking for a few hundred bucks worth. Do yall think it will go back down?
Long term I think it's going to go way up. Short term you never know what precious metal prices will do. If you're doing this for a quick buck then don't. If you're in this to preserve wealth and eventually have it grow then get as much as you can.

Normally I would recommend American Silver Eagles or Canadian Maple Leaves, but right now the premiums (the price a piece of precious metal costs above its spot value) are insane. You're looking at $4 to $6 above spot per troy ounce right now; that's just not worth it. I'd instead recommend getting some bars for ~$2 above spot. A 10oz bar goes for roughly $215 these days.

Be 100% sure to buy it from a reputable source (IE a big retailer like JMBullion or APMEX rather than some guy off craigslist). They will usually not charge shipping if you order over $100 worth of metal.

Long term I think it's going to go way up. Short term you never know what precious metal prices will do. If you're doing this for a quick buck then don't. If you're in this to preserve wealth and eventually have it grow then get as much as you can.

Normally I would recommend American Silver Eagles or Canadian Maple Leaves, but right now the premiums (the price a piece of precious metal costs above its spot value) are insane. You're looking at $4 to $6 above spot per troy ounce right now; that's just not worth it. I'd instead recommend getting some bars for ~$2 above spot. A 10oz bar goes for roughly $215 these days.

Be 100% sure to buy it from a reputable source (IE a big retailer like JMBullion or APMEX rather than some guy off craigslist). They will usually not charge shipping if you order over $100 worth of metal.
Thx

I’d recommend you lookup and get a sigma tester. Expensive a bit but hey it lets you confirm your gold and silver is what you expected.
Even reputable dealers have sometimes been fooled by the fakes.

Back
Top Bottom