• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

silver sale adds make me laugh on here lol

ill trade for silver, don't value your used gun at new prices but ill value my silver at what the vendors will sell it for plus the asinine premium lol

silver sale adds make me laugh on here lol

ill trade for silver, don't value your used gun at new prices but ill value my silver at what the vendors will sell it for plus the asinine premium lol

It’s a crap shoot as to what it will all do. I can’t see this 10-12 dollar gap lasting, one has to move. How I see it if we all need money it’s going to be hard to sell silver in small lots and take weeks to liquidate it all. On the whole as a group, not many people on this forum have the cash to buy 2,000 ounces if you need to sell. Why I keep an eye on what the dealers will pay as if we need money that is what we get. Great that we can sell rounds on eBay for a premium, how long will that take to liquidate 2k onces, and ship pay the 10% fees.

It’s a crap shoot as to what it will all do. I can’t see this 10-12 dollar gap lasting, one has to move. How I see it if we all need money it’s going to be hard to sell silver in small lots and take weeks to liquidate it all. On the whole as a group, not many people on this forum have the cash to buy 2,000 ounces if you need to sell. Why I keep an eye on what the dealers will pay as if we need money that is what we get. Great that we can sell rounds on eBay for a premium, how long will that take to liquidate 2k onces, and ship pay the 10% fees.
my point is if you are going to value something at a used price then don't value silver for what the dealers sell it for

1) I could just buy it from a dealer and its more trusted (counterfeit unlikely)
2) why buy at all when premiums are this out of whack above spot? I think that's the issue, folks trying to trade when no one really understands the value of a troy oz

its dollar for dollar and always should be (fiat kinda ****ed that up). I use the quarter standard, a silver quarter in 1964 would buy 1 gallon of gas. today gas is way down and silver is way up; something tells me that silver is over inflated right now (at least physically metal is, ETFs can go **** themselves)

my point is if you are going to value something at a used price then don't value silver for what the dealers sell it for

1) I could just buy it from a dealer and its more trusted (counterfeit unlikely)
2) why buy at all when premiums are this out of whack above spot? I think that's the issue, folks trying to trade when no one really understands the value of a troy oz

its dollar for dollar and always should be (fiat kinda ****ed that up). I use the quarter standard, a silver quarter in 1964 would buy 1 gallon of gas. today gas is way down and silver is way up; something tells me that silver is over inflated right now (at least physically metal is, ETFs can go **** themselves)
Silver may be slightly inflated depending on what price you use as value. Spot, Eagle or Maple Leaf retail? Petroleum is undervalued based on traditional use levels but the market sets the value, not tradition and use is down and trending downer. Companies are in a race to dump their products. Market has determined price on both these commodities, the price will likely be in a flux on both for a while due to uncertainty in the markets for demand.

I don’t value at a what the dealers charge. I think the 10+ is crap, should not be happening. Like I said before I’m not a buyer or trader at $24-30 or price my items on a panic. And I don’t believe in the 1964 gallon of gas ratio either. The silver Ratio has been off for a very long time. That is a more accurate value of the history of Gold and silver as a money system. And for gold today to be mined at out of the ground 6/1 vs silver and be a 100 times the value is ridiculous. Again showing how undervalued/manipulated silver is. Oil, that is not money in my eyes, nor has it been for the last thousand years like precious metals.

Facebook. Big silver groups, I sell more there than Ebay because of the fees. Vintage prospectors going for $21-$24 now. Engelhard 100oz for $1800. You can find all kinds of deals too, I let my customers pay with PPGS if they're more comfortable with that and if you decide to buy from Facebook groups I recommend you do the same until you get to know some reputable dealers.

By big I mean 20,000+ members. The lowest one I sell in has 2000. No fees and a huge reach. I don't mind shipping at all and that's a big part of me buying and selling. I rarely do in person silver any more, and I kinda miss the interaction but I don't miss the we buy gold places. Lol.

I'm a 30-year hobbyist only.
1878 CC
1878cc.jpg

1882cc1.jpg

I prefer gold over silver (old U.S. coins only):
goldcoins.jpg

Favorite coin:
St-Gaudens3.jpg
Some very nice items right there! I love me some silver but those AGE are beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom