• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

[Official] How has CoronaVirus affected your job?

How has COVID19 affected you or your spouse?

• I lost my job/contract

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • My spouse/partner lost their job

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have been furloughed

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have received a salary/pay cut

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Not much changed for me

Votes: 84 49.4%
  • I am actually doing better now

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • I am working from home for now..

Votes: 32 18.8%

• Total voters
Usually don't share stuff like this but. Daughter furloughed (2 weeks) , Wife will soon be furloughed (but she's signing up for busy work,so maybe not?) , My surgery and physical therapy has been furloughed (Can't wait to get back to work ) . I know this isn't the religious designated area , But I feel like the Lord has wrapped us up in his arms and no matter what happens everything's gonna work out , I'd be doing even better if I could convince my wife on this matter LOL . This thang will pass soon Fellas , Hang in there . UPDATE = Prayers going up for every one of you guys

Much appreciated prayers. Same here.

I was worried that we would be affected by the sporting events, concerts, etc... being cancelled, but we have have deemed essential and so far things are looking good.

I have worked more in the past 2 weeks than ever. We are a small(6 employee) commercial millwork company that does a lot in hospitals. We were in the middle of a couple projects when the GC called to let us know we better expedite our schedule in case the construction in the hospital is shut down. Who knows when we would get paid if that happened.

So it was all hands on deck. Even the 62 year old grandmother who is the office manager was working in the shop.

Next week, not sure what's gonna happen.

The entire sales staff is working from home, Portland, Toronto , Ohio and field sales.

No budgeted travel until further notice which may be months , if no customers want to “see” people at their place of business we have no where to go.

Hard to say right now. Looks like I'll either be furloughed at the end of next week or transferred to another region temporarily. The project owner has elected to shut down the site for a maximum of 60 days starting a week from today, for cashflow reasons. It's a strange feeling knowing that I have one more paycheck and then who knows how long until the next.
The wife is looking at being furloughed for a "maximum" of two weeks, either starting Monday or the week after depending on what we hear this weekend.

I generally work from home unless I'm showing a property or meeting a client anyway. My sales have dipped this month and I've had a couple closings extended. But, on the flip side I've had a bunch of clients that were on the fence (or their wives were on the fence) call me up because all of a sudden a home/property outside of a densely populated areas seems more reasonable. Great time to say "see honey, this is why we need that remote acreage with a cabin" :)

Back
Top Bottom