• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT Trail Cam and Hunting Season Pictures 2019-20 *Alabama Updates*!!

I broke down and bought a Moultrie cellular camera a few weeks ago. I have it set to transmit lower quality than is captured on SD card. I used Duracell batteries, lasted less than a month. Tried Energizer so far better. I dont think I want all cell cameras but one is fun. The rest are non cell.

B6689754-830F-4C5B-ADBC-D3A3B364CC24.jpeg A979CAE4-E847-4479-8283-90F632A69AD0.jpeg

You're onto something with the hills hunting.
I'm lucky.

I've tried to get on a place like this most of my life. It's only a few acres, but it's the right few acres. It's clearly a buck sanctuary and I think that's due to the rugged terrain. As far as I can tell, no one else hunts anywhere near it and I can manage it pretty much the way I want. I can't do food plots, but I've been doing supplemental feeding year round almost since the baiting laws changed. It's definitely paying off and I'm upping my game this year.

I've tried several different food additives, special formula foods and mineral supplements. The deer won't eat them. All I had gotten them to eat until recently was corn and a molasses and apple food block that had some additional nutrients, but not much.

I recently tried some Whitetail Institute Thrive as a food supplement mixed with the corn and, if anything, they like it even more than without. It's designed to seriously boost their nutrition specifically for Fall and Winter. Around March I'm going to start a lick with their 30/60 that uses the same attractant formula that the Thrive uses and is specifically designed to help with antler growth through the Spring and Summer.

We'll see the results next Fall. It might be very interesting.

I'm lucky.

I've tried to get on a place like this most of my life. It's only a few acres, but it's the right few acres. It's clearly a buck sanctuary and I think that's due to the rugged terrain. As far as I can tell, no one else hunts anywhere near it and I can manage it pretty much the way I want. I can't do food plots, but I've been doing supplemental feeding year round almost since the baiting laws changed. It's definitely paying off and I'm upping my game this year.

I've tried several different food additives, special formula foods and mineral supplements. The deer won't eat them. All I had gotten them to eat until recently was corn and a molasses and apple food block that had some additional nutrients, but not much.

I recently tried some Whitetail Institute Thrive as a food supplement mixed with the corn and, if anything, they like it even more than without. It's designed to seriously boost their nutrition specifically for Fall and Winter. Around March I'm going to start a lick with their 30/60 that uses the same attractant formula that the Thrive uses and is specifically designed to help with antler growth through the Spring and Summer.

We'll see the results next Fall. It might be very interesting.

We spread out a bagged mineral called Beef 60. We get it from our local ag store down at our cabin. It is full of minerals, and trace elements. it’s not cheap but put a couple bags out every year. There are places that we have poured a basketball size amount out and they are the size of a truck hood over the years were they have stamped it and eating the soil as well.

I absolutely believe it has impacted antler growth and size over 15 years of using it. When I get some this spring, I will take a pic on my phone and share it.

I haven’t slept well since I saw this.. My mouth is dry, my hands are shaking.. Wait those are the DT’s..! Heading to cabin to hunt this guy. I have seen his rub-line, and going to get set up in a staging area in front of this feeder.

I will be in the tree by 3..

I haven’t slept well since I saw this.. My mouth is dry, my hands are shaking.. Wait those are the DT’s..! Heading to cabin to hunt this guy. I have seen his rub-line, and going to get set up in a staging area in front of this feeder.

I will be in the tree by 3..
Good luck. That guy needs taking this year.

Back
Top Bottom