• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT SCUBA class sign up page with details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as often as I'd like but we get together every now and again. They often come down on our monthly trips to north FL. And Coop might show up for our Aug pool sessions.

Not as often as I'd like but we get together every now and again. They often come down on our monthly trips to north FL. And Coop might show up for our Aug pool sessions.

Last I got to dive with coop was up in Pelham, AL at the quarry. I need to get back into doing more diving. I wanna do one of the dives with the mannatees and would love to get down to Pensacola and do the Oriskany. Anyone get into that stuff anymore or even the megaladon teeth hunting?

We try try to dive with the manatee every Jan or Feb. Someone makes a run over to the Cooper river for fossils two or three times each year. And one or two trips to the Oriskany each year. So let's go.

Last I got to dive with coop was up in Pelham, AL at the quarry. I need to get back into doing more diving. I wanna do one of the dives with the mannatees and would love to get down to Pensacola and do the Oriskany. Anyone get into that stuff anymore or even the megaladon teeth hunting?

We try try to dive with the manatee every Jan or Feb. Someone makes a r. over to the Cooper river for fossils two or three times each year. And one or two trips to the Oriskany each year. So let's go.

Oh yea, im game. Just keep me updated when it gets closer and I will try to remember myself.

So we will have a PADI certificate at the end? How many have signed up so far and how many do you need to get to hold the class?

I am a PADI instructor as well as a NAUI instructor so certification could be through either agency. We're planning to run a NAUI course because NAUI requires us to include more skills and their online materials are included with the student kit. Again, PADI certification is possible but the materials will be a bit more expensive. Bryan is keeping a count so he can speak to numbers. We're hoping for around 10.

Man I wish I could get in on this.

How long is a scuba license good for?

Certification does not expire. However, if it's been a while since you've been in the water we recommend that you play around in the pool before that big dive vacation. Instead of floundering around the first day or so you'll be solid right off the dive boat and won't miss the scenery struggling with buoyancy. Any previous student can attend any regularly scheduled pool session no charge. So there's no reason not to practice in the pool if it's been a while.

I am a PADI instructor as well as a NAUI instructor so certification could be through either agency. We're planning to run a NAUI course because NAUI requires us to include more skills and their online materials are included with the student kit. Again, PADI certification is possible but the materials will be a bit more expensive. Bryan is keeping a count so he can speak to numbers. We're hoping for around 10.

We got a few prospectives swirling the bowl. Plenty of time for people to sign up. I think we'll get 10 before the month is up.

I truly wish I could do the class. Especially after snorkeling down here inthe virgin islands this week. But the budget won't allow it this year. This is a great deal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom