• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT NFA tracker thread

Update:
As of close of business on 1/23/2020 my Mask is on day 329, Nomad at day 135.
Seems like activity at the ATF has slowed if not stopped altogether. I emailed my congressman, Jody Hice, on Tuesday, January 14th asking for a little assistance as to why it is taking so long to process and approve my stamps after I’ve paid the taxes for them. No taxation with other representation right?
Haven’t heard back from his office yet.....shocking right?

That SUCKS!

Don't feel bad. My AOW has been sitting since December 2018. Called 3 weeks ago lady said to check first week of February.

Update:
As of close of business on 1/23/2020 my Mask is on day 329, Nomad at day 135.
Seems like activity at the ATF has slowed if not stopped altogether. I emailed my congressman, Jody Hice, on Tuesday, January 14th asking for a little assistance as to why it is taking so long to process and approve my stamps after I’ve paid the taxes for them. No taxation with other representation right?
Haven’t heard back from his office yet.....shocking right?

I called ATF again this morning and both applications are still pending. Mask is with an examiner and Nomad has not been assigned to an examiner. I asked why some applications that were submitted after mine have been approved? The guy says he doesn't know but asks if I want to speak with the examiner that is reviewing my background for the Mask.
- Well of course I do.

I was transferred to the examiner and she could not have been more pleasant to speak with. She pulled up my serial number and said that she is waiting to approve my application however the guy that entered my application into their system made a data entry error and he is the only one authorized to fix it. She stated that she sent him a notification to make the correction so that she can complete her process but he has not done so yet. She continues to tell me the guy that made the error is not at work and she doesn't know when he will return. Before my filter could catch it I said I hope he doesn't have the coronavirus. She laughingly agreed. Sensing she has a good sense of humor I jokingly asked if it was possible that the application that I submitted in September (Nomad) could be approved before the one in February and she said that she hopes not.

I asked how many examiners do they have and how many applications do they receive. She said there are 37 examiners and they receive about 330,000 applications annually. Just doing the math, that is $66 million in taxes they are collecting and here we were buying into the false promises of the Hearing Protection Act. The federal government is not going to stop a revenue stream that large as there are too many other programs and agencies that money gets redistributed too.

So the saga continues.

I called ATF again this morning and both applications are still pending. Mask is with an examiner and Nomad has not been assigned to an examiner. I asked why some applications that were submitted after mine have been approved? The guy says he doesn't know but asks if I want to speak with the examiner that is reviewing my background for the Mask.
- Well of course I do.

I was transferred to the examiner and she could not have been more pleasant to speak with. She pulled up my serial number and said that she is waiting to approve my application however the guy that entered my application into their system made a data entry error and he is the only one authorized to fix it. She stated that she sent him a notification to make the correction so that she can complete her process but he has not done so yet. She continues to tell me the guy that made the error is not at work and she doesn't know when he will return. Before my filter could catch it I said I hope he doesn't have the coronavirus. She laughingly agreed. Sensing she has a good sense of humor I jokingly asked if it was possible that the application that I submitted in September (Nomad) could be approved before the one in February and she said that she hopes not.

I asked how many examiners do they have and how many applications do they receive. She said there are 37 examiners and they receive about 330,000 applications annually. Just doing the math, that is $66 million in taxes they are collecting and here we were buying into the false promises of the Hearing Protection Act. The federal government is not going to stop a revenue stream that large as there are too many other programs and agencies that money gets redistributed too.

So the saga continues.

The math also shows each examiner has to review about 8900 forms per year or 743 per month or 185 per week or 37 per day. Jeepers

How many days were you at?

To be honest I would say about 425+. I had a small delay at QRF. They mailed it in December before Xmas in 18. Them when the Gov't shut down it sat over a month. I got the email in April saying the check was cashed. So it's been a long wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom