• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

*** ODT CMP range invasion version 2.0 *** October 1st.

Well it appears the bribe money to the weather man was worth it. What a great day!
As I mentioned to a couple folks, one major tactical error. Trying to meet everyone is an exercise in futility. Sort of like turning a bunch of elementary kids loose in Disney World and saying "We'll find each other later." Yeah... GLWS. ;)
Next time we'll have a formal meet time for lunch and/or as palmettomoon palmettomoon suggested, perhaps some sort of competition. Yes name tags are a must. I thought someone was going to try and bring some but given how we all scattered like quail, may not have helped this go around. Next time I'll have them and tell the girls at the front desk not to give the discount without the name tag. :becky:
Pfttt... that was all the instructor and the equipment. I will probably forever regret not getting a lottery ticket on the way home. :cool:
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity! That really was cool. It's getting harder and harder to find functioning guns older than me much less more than twice as old! :laugh:

Rumor refuted! :p
Hate I missed you but I looked. The overalls were no where to be seen. :noidea:

I do believe that's the first Garand I've ever pulled the trigger on. Very cool. Thanks!

I have to say, MAD RESPECT :hail: to you and palmettomoon palmettomoon and others that shoot those vintage military rifles and get simply indescribable performance out of them. I was having fits with a modern .22-250 and 20x scope and ya'll are out there ringing them up with irons. :dizzy: Truly is impressive and inspiring. Well done fellas! :yo:

First time I've ever got kicked out of a range before. My momma always said to be careful of the company I kept... :laugh: In retrospect I'm pretty sure those women called the RSO on us. No doubt our overwhelming sexiness had them too distracted to shoot. Come to think of it, they never shot when I was there. They were wearing out that food they brought like it had been a while though. Hmmm..... :pound:

I do want to make sure next time we schedule this, it's on a day when that range (#5) is open to the public. While going there for pistol shooting won't make sense for most, I ALWAYS prefer shooting outdoors and the reactive targets are always cool (and in my case incredibly humbling).

Definitely try the sporting clays. @CheshireGoat and @kuduman and I did a round (just under 100 rounds). It's a nice course. If you insist on bringing a 20, may want to stick with modified on both barrels. Once again I left the 12's at home and felt like I was swinging a wiffle bat (20 with IC and Mod). Of course the fact I can shoot didn't help much. :redface:

Thanks to everyone who made the trip and hope everyone enjoyed themselves and the facility. If I lived closer to that place I'd be even more broke! :doh:

A special thanks to those who allow others to pull the triggers on some of their cool toys! :thumb:

We'll definitely have to do a spring trip and hopefully the weatherman will be kind again. Hopefully the bi-annual ODT trips can be a standing tradition. :afro:

So did you guys really get kicked out? Do tell.

Im still claiming NoShow until I see pics of you with an identifiable part of that range in view

So did you guys really get kicked out? Do tell.

Im still claiming NoShow until I see pics of you with an identifiable part of that range in view
Range 5 is the 'action pistol range'. Various ranges with various reactive targets. I had told Kudu I was going to meet him at the" pistol range". Drove by 4 and didn't see him, so proceeded to 5. Gate was up. He was the ONLY one there. I thought it kind of odd, as did he but he said some women were shooting at an adjoining range but left some of their stuff, presumably to return. We started shooting the Texas Star and had been there a while when the ladies returned en masse. After several minutes the RSO showed up to inform us the range was 'closed' and open only to the "bullets and babes" group. Apparently we weren't pretty enough. Found out later it's only open the first weekend of each month to the public for practice and then one other weekend for open matches. It was supposed to be open but the RSO assigned had a death in the family so it was officially closed. We definintely need to schedule our next trip for a fist Saturday. I'm voting April 1st.

I'm like a vampire, I don't show up in photographs.

Yeah what was up with that? I was looking for you. Figured you were just wearing camo or something. No .338 pull for me. :(
Work kept pulling me away from preparation time and then had a simple, but critical, loading equipment failure (never had an inertial bullet puller shatter before) that prevented me from making the majority of the 338 ammo I wanted to bring. It was also just bad timing. I would have had to be a little irresponsible to leave for a day at this time. I haven't even spent a day in the woods yet.

Work kept pulling me away from preparation time and then had a simple, but critical, loading equipment failure (never had an inertial bullet puller shatter before) that prevented me from making the majority of the 338 ammo I wanted to bring. It was also just bad timing. I would have had to be a little irresponsible to leave for a day at this time. I haven't even spent a day in the woods yet.
You're not supposed to hit them on your granite kitchen counter! ;)
Sorry to hear that but I hear you. I ALMOST cancelled that morning for several reasons but figured I'd never live it down.
So, instead I think I'll just give you continuous grief until the next one. :p

Sorry to hear that but I hear you. I ALMOST cancelled that morning for several reasons but figured I'd never live it out down.
LOL! Works for me,

Sorry to hear that but I hear you. I ALMOST cancelled that morning for several reasons but figured I'd never live it out down.

You shouldn't give up your high ground so readily. I too seriously thought about not going but I'm glad I did. Sunday was really nice.

Back
Top Bottom