• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Obsidian 9 vs. TiRant 9M vs. Odessa 9

Every test i've seen of the Lunar 9 is not that quiet..... like at all compared to the others.

Look at the Griffin Revolution 9 too, impressive sound numbers. I would have bought one already but theyve been back ordered for months.

I’ll take a look. Just about everything is backordered right now. It’s annoying. :mmph:

Or is it Cerebrus? Or PSA? :confused2:

Cerebrus and later Freedom Group and then later Remington Outdoors was awhile ago.

JJE owns two machine shops (DC and Ferrous Engineering & Tool), two firearm manufacturers (Lead Star and Palmetto State) and a forging plant (Spartan Forge) in addition to the AAC, Harrington & Richardson, Storm Lake, and Parker brands

Anybody on here own the CGS Mod 9? I like the Obsidian but seems pretty heavy at 13oz. I now have it narrowed down to these two.

Obsidian 9 is only 13 oz in full configuration, I run mine in shorty config on my pistols and full length on rifles. I don’t really notice much difference between long and short when running subs from a pistol. There is noticeable difference however, with ar platforms. I love mine, even had the barrel threaded on my 17hmr to run it on that. The modular abilities and the way the baffle stack comes apart gives you options and it’s easy to clean after a day running rimfire.

You can’t beat rugged’s customer service and warranty! They are on it, my obsidian had a 45acp piston in it. After waiting all that time for my stamp, get home and can’t use it! Emailed them with pictures and had the corrected piston two days later. A month or two later had an end cap strike (my fault it loosened up while firing) again sent them an email with pictures and had replacement part in two days.

I picked up an obsidian but if i could go back I would get a Mod.9 for pistols. Mod 9 came back in stock literally the day after i filed for the rugged.

Not saying the obsidian 9 is bad, but if you dont need modular the mod 9 is supposedly quieter, lighter, and pistons are cheaper.

The Obsidian would be my choice. Anything with aluminum baffles is going to suck to clean. Not worth the trivial weight savings, or any extra dB reduction, if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom