• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Obscure/obsolete gun part?

shell_waster

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
36   0
Reaction score
I've inherited a discontinued Taurus PT945 that the firing pin block lever (part 566890) is broken, therefore I have an ugly paperweight. Anyone know where I may find one of these?
I've checked Numich and they are out of stock. I searched ebay with no luck. I googled until I could google no more.
I called Taurus this morning and they are on backorder with no ETA if they will get any in but I went ahead and pre-authorized my card to be charged the $11.95 just in case.

So to the brain trust of ODT I go. Where do you find your obscure, obsolete, and hard to find gun parts?
Anyone know if there is an alternative to this part that I could make work with a little persuasion?

Thanks.

Do you have the old part? If so a good gunsmith can make you a new one.

It won't cost 11.95, though.

https://www.hogislandgunparts.com/Taurus-PT-945-Firing-Pin-Block-p/ts131-366.htm

TS131-366-2T.jpg

that’s the firing pin block itself that fits within the slide, I need the lever that is located between the grip frame and right side of the hammer. Upon squeezing the trigger, the lever is pressed up onto the firing pin block thus allowing the firing pin to strike the primer. Below is a picture of it. But thank you for looking.

Attachments

• E7F42AEE-ECE5-4A3F-B97B-501FCC2EB3BB.jpeg
    E7F42AEE-ECE5-4A3F-B97B-501FCC2EB3BB.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 6
With what you have left of the old part, and the pic, a good old school gunsmith can do it

He will have to have the gun as the part needs fitting.

Probably start with a Colt lever and start modding/welding and filing on it.

Sorry. My bad. Failed RIF 100 years ago...

Try this one: (I'd call them and see if you can delete the hammer...) My understanding is this fits the 908, 940 and 945.

https://slinksgunparts.com/product/taurus-auto-pistols-pt-940-40-sw-hammer-block-lever/

I greatly appreciate you finding this and sharing it with me, I had not heard of Slinks Gun Parts until now and they had exactly what I am needing. I didn't buy the one you linked but found the firing pin block lever with a plunger for $14.00. Needless to say it is no longer for sale on their site. Now I'll just have to be patient. Hopefully it'll arrive this week. I love projects such as this but hate to wait.

The ODT brain trust comes through once again!

Back
Top Bottom