• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NVG on a budget

So what can say a $1000 to $1500 get you in the NV world. Is that even gonna get you something you can work with or are you gonna still be shooting in the dark so to speak? Had a coworker bout a year back swear by one of the Pulsar digital setups that he got into for like 1200 I believe but I've never gotten a chance to use. How are they compared to standard NV?

So what can say a $1000 to $1500 get you in the NV world. Is that even gonna get you something you can work with or are you gonna still be shooting in the dark so to speak? Had a coworker bout a year back swear by one of the Pulsar digital setups that he got into for like 1200 I believe but I've never gotten a chance to use. How are they compared to standard NV?

If you can not clearly see what you are shooting at how can you see if say a truck down range that is not supposed to be there. A pos viewer is one thing ,but when you go to shooting with scopes you cant clearly see with that is a gamble no one should take . Most don't shoot if they don't know what is down range during the day why do people think its ok at night !

Last edited:
If you can not clearly see what you are shooting at how can you see if say a truck down range that is not supposed to be there. A pos viewer is one thing ,but when you go to shooting with scopes you cant clearly see with that is a gamble no one should take . Most don't shoot if they don't know what is down range during the day why do people think its ok at night !

Is English your first or second language? I don't see where this awnsers the question other than to be a smart @as. And no I don't recklessly send rounds down range without knowing my target and what's beyond.

Is English your first or second language? I don't see where this awnsers the question other than to be a smart @as. And no I don't recklessly send rounds down range without knowing my target and what's beyond.

Save your money ,and buy once . I have not looked at much in that price range ,but what I have looked like **** . Once you get to the $2000 you will be amazed at how much further ,and how much clearer a few extra hundred gets you .Nothing I said was intended to be smart ass ,but if you cant speak smart ass this site may not be for you .

Save your money ,and buy once . I have not looked at much in that price range ,but what I have looked like **** . Once you get to the $2000 you will be amazed at how much further ,and how much clearer a few extra hundred gets you .Nothing I said was intended to be smart ass ,but if you cant speak smart ass this site may not be for you .

Thanks that was good info. I wasn't sure if the market had come down enough now to get in that range or not. And yes I am fluent in smart ass as you can tell sorry.

Gen II,III prices are coming down fast, look for used itt Litton stuff on Ebay. I have an ATN Gen II that works great, and was half of the military Brands. probably looking through it side by side with an ITT Gen III, it might not be all that, but it was the half the price of the other and works great. Its all what you can afford. I would not bother w/brand new gen I stuff, used Gen II will be the same price and work 5x better.

I know this is late to the party but, that pulsar unit is an IR viewer not NV, it can't see unless there is an IR spot light on the subject. Ive used both and the NV is the better way to go.

Gen II,III prices are coming down fast, look for used itt Litton stuff on Ebay. I have an ATN Gen II that works great, and was half of the military Brands. probably looking through it side by side with an ITT Gen III, it might not be all that, but it was the half the price of the other and works great. Its all what you can afford. I would not bother w/brand new gen I stuff, used Gen II will be the same price and work 5x better.
What exactly are you using for atn? I have been looking into these guys, like they said, for some hunting and for if the power grid kicks it haha

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom