• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NRL .22lr Match in Tallapoosa, Ga 9/18

LOL, ask way.

It depends on how any shooters show but should be done in 3 or 4 hours.
Has there been recent matches at this location? Decent turn out?

I looked over the 5 COF...man, this should be interesting. I'm going to get one range day in between now and the match.

The only bag I have is my caldwell I've used like once. It's really heavy and packed full of sand.

Thinking maybe I should take a good chunk of sand out of it...the couple of NRL22 videos I watched showed more "flexible" bags and all sorts of bag accessories lol

This is the first NRL22 match at this location that I know of. This will be the first match for Wade but he is a seasoned PRS center fire shooter and myself and a few others will be helping him. With this being the first NRL match I'm not sure how the turn out will be. Myself and a few other shooters are helping spread the word but first matches are light until the word spreads.

I would not worry about the course of fire it's going to be fun and we'll learn a lot and have fun. Myself and others will be around to help and between us we'll have all the bags anyone will need. If you sign up, sign up for squad 1.

LOL, there are lots of different bags out but you can get away with two good bags. I mainly run the mini game changer.

As soon as I confirm my extra magazines will arrive in time, I'll sign up in Practiscore. Is this a gun club? I see the directions for it...couldn't find it on Waze...what is the name of the gun club?

I know my first time out will be interesting and probably a little frustrating. Going to shooting from a bench and only at fixed ranges of 50 - 100 - 200 yards...getting myself dialed in using my scope more will be my challenge. I look forward to it...the butterflies like I got when I first started shooting steel challenges.

You can do it with one mag, just keep some rounds in your pocket. LOL I've never been to this place but I think it's just a gun range. Here's the website and the direction link is in the lower left of the page. Website link

I'm sure it will be but you'll be hooked after. You'll be fine, just make sure you write your know DOPE and get a good 25 or 50 yard zero. The butterflies will be gone after the first stage. LOL

You can do it with one mag, just keep some rounds in your pocket. LOL I've never been to this place but I think it's just a gun range. Here's the website and the direction link is in the lower left of the page. Website link

I'm sure it will be but you'll be hooked after. You'll be fine, just make sure you write your know DOPE and get a good 25 or 50 yard zero. The butterflies will be gone after the first stage. LOL

Thanks for the info! I already keep my rifle at a 50 yard zero, so that's no issue. I have some DOPE for 50 - 100 - 200 yards on my rifle and the Eley Match ammo I will probably shoot.

My biggest concern is being on a clock, never having dialed a scope in for a "random" distance before and also not shooting paper that you can walk up and get on target with when needed...it's going to be a learning curve for me.

It probably doesn't help my nerves that most videos I see of NRL stuff the folks aren't missing much, if ever...lol
DkkuGiqvRw2nR1vI3SRhKw.jpg

The above is from two weeks ago, 4 inch targets at 200 yards from a seated bench position...taking my time. It's a whole other thing with movement and time I'm sure.

Here are the match details. NRL22 Website

West GA Precision 22LR
200-238 Landfill Rd.Tallapoosa
Georgia 30176

We will have 6-8 stages (5 NRL22 and 2-3 unique stages) with target ranging from 25-200 yards. Majority of the time we won’t go past 175 yards.

Match location: Behind the Harrelson County Dump. Gate will be open travel straight throw the 4-way stop and down the gravel to the fork. Stay right and go through the club gate. Stay right and drive past shotgun hill. Rifle range is down the hill. Parking might be tight. Address: 200-238 Landfill Rd. Tallapoosa, Ga 30176

Set-up: 7:00-8:00am (volunteers are welcome welcome to help set up)
Safety Brief: 8:15am for first time shooters
Zero range opens: 8:30am
Match Brief: 8:45am
Match begins: 9:00am

Match Fees: $25 for adults, $15 for young guns

All rifles must be inline with the NRL22 rules.

One loaner rifle is available and can be borrowed for free, but ammo will be $25 for 100 rounds. Dope can be provided for the COF. Ammo is Norma has been very consistent in this rifle. Match Director first about borrowing a rifle. dewstuff@comcast.net

Range has less than a 90 degree field of fire, so muzzle control is very important.

Registration will be through Practiscore.

MD: Wade Moeller

Rimfire Matches per Year: 8-10

Primary Range Distance (in Yds): 25-200 yds
COF is ready and we should have two bonus stages. Sign-up is on practiscore and will open 30 days before the match. If shooters are interested we can do a cash stage at the end for 50% of the pot.

Back
Top Bottom