• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NRA

"Wayne LaPierre’s long-time assistant Millie Hallow “diverted” $40,000 of the group’s funds to pay for her son’s wedding and other personal expenses. Hallow remained employed by the NRA, and was not disciplined for taking the money other than having to pay it back."

"LaPierre himself testified on April 7 he took $300,000 in “excess benefits” from the NRA, and the only discipline he faced for the diversion of funds was having to pay it back. LaPierre said he did not directly disclose to the board he overcharged the group but instead relied on them reading the group’s public tax filings"

https://thereload.com/nra-board-calls-emergency-meeting-as-bankruptcy-revelations-mount/

I just started sending snarky replies to the begging letters and my mail has just about stopped.

Yeah, I would send the letters back with "Fire Wayne" or something to that effect in big ol' sharpie and the letters stopped. Very effective I must say.

Hope the thieves go to jail.

Lol, you don't get to file bankruptcy and then plead the 5th.

Aside from that, the only reason the right to remain silent is to prevent incriminating one's self. What crimes are they concealing?

Lol, you don't get to file bankruptcy and then plead the 5th.

Aside from that, the only reason the right to remain silent is to prevent incriminating one's self. What crimes are they concealing?

You can take plead the Fifth Amendment in any judicial proceeding. The consequences of doing so are different in different types of proceeding, but you can never be made to testify against yourself.

Secondly, the NRA filed bankruptcy, not the former CFO.

You don't know what crimes he may be concealing, because that is the information that is protected by the Fifth Amendment. Based on the information from that one newspaper article, he probably is concerned about being a party to excessive executive compensation for a non-profit, and filing false tax returns for the non-profit, which understated executive compensation, and did not properly report taxable income for individuals.

For Hallow and LaPierre, the excess unauthorized income was taxable, even though they paid it back. The NRA probably never reported it as executive income, and the two probably did not report it one their personal tax returns.

You can take plead the Fifth Amendment in any judicial proceeding. The consequences of doing so are different in different types of proceeding, but you can never be made to testify against yourself.

Secondly, the NRA filed bankruptcy, not the former CFO.

You don't know what crimes he may be concealing, because that is the information that is protected by the Fifth Amendment. Based on the information from that one newspaper article, he probably is concerned about being a party to excessive executive compensation for a non-profit, and filing false tax returns for the non-profit, which understated executive compensation, and did not properly report taxable income for individuals.

For Hallow and LaPierre, the excess unauthorized income was taxable, even though they paid it back. The NRA probably never reported it as executive income, and the two probably did not report it one their personal tax returns.
Well sheeeit. Guess I'll just cut the nra a check then and call it a day

Back
Top Bottom