• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NRA Support

I let my membership lapse, as a protest against LaPierre's leadership and wasting money and sleazy tactics to try to make a buck off a bunch of stupid co-branding or co-marketing schemes.
AND his eagerness to silence anybody who asks for an audit or accounting of his money or ties to groups that get lucrative contracts with the NRA.
I'm looking FWD to the day he's gone.

If you are trying to protest by having your membership lapse it's not doing anything. If you're wanting to protest by no longer being counted as an NRA member then you need to notify the Secretary of the association in writing delivered by U.S. Postal Services per NRA Bylaws Article III Section 10 (a).

ATTN: Director of Member Services
National Rifle Association of America,
11250 Waples Mill Road,
Fairfax, VA 22030
New Portable Document 2_Page_1.png

I gotta call from NRA yesterday wanting me to donate to the cause. I am an NRA member but am not happy with the way NRA was doing business, so while I’ll maintain my membership, I will not donate additional funds. I donate additional funds to other national and state organizations regularly and write letters, send emails and make phone calls to our representatives regularly.

like I told the caller, I will maintain my membership, but will not donate additional money till there is a change in leadership, an audit of NRA’s spending and a report to the members of the spending and appropriate changes.
Those calls are no longer from the NRA. They are from an outside call center. Next time they call to ask how much of every dollar going to the NRA. I think it's something like 0.07 of every $1.00. Same thing when the police foundation calls for donations. Very little goes to what it is advertised for.

CHirt: Yeah, resigning with a formal notice to them and a letter explaining why probably would have been the better course of action. Instead, I just let my membership lapse silently.
Still, since many other NRA members have failed to renew in the last year or two, I think the organization is getting the message that they have to change their ways.
(I hope, anyway.)

CHirt: Yeah, resigning with a formal notice to them and a letter explaining why probably would have been the better course of action. Instead, I just let my membership lapse silently.
Still, since many other NRA members have failed to renew in the last year or two, I think the organization is getting the message that they have to change their ways.
(I hope, anyway.)
I feel you I don't like what direction the nra is going or what it has become. The organization is not getting any message. Your membership dues from my understanding get spread out through every department of the NRA. Membership dues have very little revenue when it comes to it. Personally, I am not a spokesperson for them I get nothing out of it. This is just my opinion best thing to do to protest would keep the membership get voting privileges and vote for the board members that stand for what you want. Honestly this clique It's your NRA. When it comes to voting where people mess up is you get 25 votes. The more you vote less your vote counts. If you want ABC to have a better chance only mark their name so they get 25 votes. To get voting privileges a person needs to be a life member or be a member for 5 years or more.

There is another organization https://www.savethe2a.org/ They are about reforming the NRA. Most if not all are ex NRA employees some I know personally. Others were NRA board members.

I would keep your membership going. If there is a AM and a chance to get some real candidates in, you won't have a vote if you just sign up for a year. You can't change anything from the outside looking in.

Almost everyone is cutting out any additional donations to them though, and I'm thinking that's really starting to hurt. I know my 'NRA' money is going toe the Second Amendment Foundation now.

They need it more than any other group these days, and have been spending huge amounts on all the court cases required to roll back all the restrictions these tin-pot dictators pushed through because of the 'pandemic'... Including a case here in GA.

Second up would be GA Carry, because Bloomberg will be hitting local states hard this year. His 'Everytown...' group has targeted about a dozen gun friendly states for hundreds of millions in campaign funds to flip them blue. Everyplace from Alaska to Arizona... and yes, they specifically mention Georgia.

There's a couple of other good groups out there, but GOA and GA Gun Owners aren't among them. They both fund-raise like the NRA, but at best file an amicus brief or two on some random lawsuit and at worst just seem to send out newsletters. I'd save you money there and give it to a group that's actually doing something.

The sad thing is we DO need the NRA, or something like it. There's a reason that Bloomberg has shifted to the state-by-state approach, and part of that is that the NRA really is effective at the congressional level. Sure, they don't win everything, but they win more than they lose.

I know that not a popular view among the cool kids on this site. They'd rather beech and moan about Wayne. I get it, it's easy to complain about something and hard to fix it.

Hopefully Wayne will be gone by year-end, or after the GM, but there will be a lot of cleanup before the NRA gets back on it's feet, if it ever does.

I would keep your membership going. If there is a AM and a chance to get some real candidates in, you won't have a vote if you just sign up for a year. You can't change anything from the outside looking in.

Almost everyone is cutting out any additional donations to them though, and I'm thinking that's really starting to hurt. I know my 'NRA' money is going toe the Second Amendment Foundation now.

They need it more than any other group these days, and have been spending huge amounts on all the court cases required to roll back all the restrictions these tin-pot dictators pushed through because of the 'pandemic'... Including a case here in GA.

Second up would be GA Carry, because Bloomberg will be hitting local states hard this year. His 'Everytown...' group has targeted about a dozen gun friendly states for hundreds of millions in campaign funds to flip them blue. Everyplace from Alaska to Arizona... and yes, they specifically mention Georgia.

There's a couple of other good groups out there, but GOA and GA Gun Owners aren't among them. They both fund-raise like the NRA, but at best file an amicus brief or two on some random lawsuit and at worst just seem to send out newsletters. I'd save you money there and give it to a group that's actually doing something.

The sad thing is we DO need the NRA, or something like it. There's a reason that Bloomberg has shifted to the state-by-state approach, and part of that is that the NRA really is effective at the congressional level. Sure, they don't win everything, but they win more than they lose.

I know that not a popular view among the cool kids on this site. They'd rather beech and moan about Wayne. I get it, it's easy to complain about something and hard to fix it.

Hopefully Wayne will be gone by year-end, or after the GM, but there will be a lot of cleanup before the NRA gets back on it's feet, if it ever does.
I don't know that the NRA can be fixed because of how corrupted from within it has become, but if they were to turn it around and do something useful like say go after repealing the NFA and succeed, I'd buy a lifetime membership that day. I was a member for years, but no more after the bumpstock BS and them blocking legitimate candidates in their internal elections, among other things.

Back
Top Bottom