• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Now that colt can screw you on the price again, selling back to the public.

was more like Increased demand > increased supply > tanking prices > colt refusing to be competitive so stopping production to artificially decrease supply for their rifles and artificially increasing the price > start production again to sell at artificially increased price

much closer to what keeps diamond prices high even though they aint worth ****.

De Beers had a monopoly on diamonds until recently. I don't think Colt has a monopoly on anything. So I don't think they're able to manipulate market prices as effectively. Colt has also had a lot of financial problems and it would make sense to me that they have to be adept at dealing with market changes to stay profitable.

Not very long ago, gas prices went through the roof and stayed there for an extended period. Demand for pickup trucks fell, supply rose, and prices dropped as companies struggled to clear their inventory. Companies cut production of pickup trucks and ramped up production of econo-****-boxes. Later, once gas prices fell, companies shifted their production yet again. I think this is all normal stuff.

Is Colt worth the premium their products command? That's a different question all together. As long as people are willing to pay it, I suppose the answer is yes.

my point on how they were trying to screw people is they stopped production when they were hitting that 875ish mark. now that prices for colts are up across the board they are trying to start selling again at a higher price. basically just ****ing with teh market to create and artificially higher price for their rifles instead of making their rifles more competitive to be inline with a higher price.

I get your point. But it's based on emotion rather than fact. Do you think they should be selling at a loss? Do you know what it costs for Colt to make a 6920?

was more like Increased demand > increased supply > tanking prices > colt refusing to be competitive so stopping production to artificially decrease supply for their rifles and artificially increasing the price > start production again to sell at artificially increased price

much closer to what keeps diamond prices high even though they aint worth ****.
Nope. There are plenty of other sources for AR type rifles, so this does not apply. It's simply good business. If you can't sell your product for more than you make it, stop making it.

It was kind of a 'drama queen' move for Colt to make a big announcement about it, also pandering a bit to the anti-gunners. Especially since less than a year later they are right back in production.

Maybe the Navajo Nation could buy them up as well.

Back
Top Bottom