• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Now that colt can screw you on the price again, selling back to the public.

Isn't this a basic supply and demand situation?

2019 - Decreased demand > Increased supply > Tanking prices > Stop production
2020 - Increased demand > Reduced supply > Soaring prices > Restart production

I'm not a business guy so maybe I got it wrong.

was more like Increased demand > increased supply > tanking prices > colt refusing to be competitive so stopping production to artificially decrease supply for their rifles and artificially increasing the price > start production again to sell at artificially increased price

much closer to what keeps diamond prices high even though they aint worth ****.

was more like Increased demand > increased supply > tanking prices > colt refusing to be competitive so stopping production to artificially decrease supply for their rifles and artificially increasing the price > start production again to sell at artificially increased price

much closer to what keeps diamond prices high even though they aint worth ****.

Colt's civilian shipment of rifles to LGS has no impact on your LGS AR pricing. That's all about consumer demand. Most low cost price warriors are snatching up Ruger, S&W, PSA, Double Star etc. Colt and SIG and maybe BCM are the next tier for anyone who wants a possible/perceived jump in quality followed by the overpriced LMT, LWRC, KAC, etc boutique brands. The entry level group is where the action is at - most people buying a Windham, Double Star or Ruger aren't going to look twice at any rifle that adds another $350 (minimum) or more to their purchase price.

Colt's civilian shipment of rifles to LGS has no impact on your LGS AR pricing. That's all about consumer demand. Most low cost price warriors are snatching up Ruger, S&W, PSA, Double Star etc. Colt and SIG and maybe BCM are the next tier for anyone who wants a possible/perceived jump in quality followed by the overpriced LMT, LWRC, KAC, etc boutique brands. The entry level group is where the action is at - most people buying a Windham, Double Star or Ruger aren't going to look twice at any rifle that adds another $350 (minimum) or more to their purchase price.

i think it pretty silly to say colts shipments wouldnt have an impact on an LGS's pricing. If they know its the last batch for awhile and folks want it of course they will know it up their prices. If tehy know that there will be tons of shipments down the line then that effects consumer demand and store pricing.

i think it pretty silly to say colts shipments wouldnt have an impact on an LGS's pricing. If they know its the last batch for awhile and folks want it of course they will know it up their prices. If they know that there will be tons of shipments down the line then that effects consumer demand and store pricing.

It might impact the Colt pricing but no way it nudged the $499.00 S&W sport special price or AR pricing as a whole. I still don't understand your original post. How is Colt screwing anyone on pricing? You either want one and then buy it or you don't. No coercion by Colt, it's on the buyer. I hardly think the $875 ish or so price that a 6920 was going for several months ago was screwing anyone.

It might impact the Colt pricing but no way it nudged the $499.00 S&W sport special price or AR pricing as a whole. I still don't understand your original post. How is Colt screwing anyone on pricing? You either want one and the buy it or you don't. No coercion by Colt, it's on the buyer. I hardly think the $875 ish or so price that a 6920 was going for several months ago was screwing anyone.

my point on how they were trying to screw people is they stopped production when they were hitting that 875ish mark. now that prices for colts are up across the board they are trying to start selling again at a higher price. basically just ****ing with teh market to create and artificially higher price for their rifles instead of making their rifles more competitive to be inline with a higher price.

Simple answer if you want one buy it if you don’t,then don’t. At least you have that choice. A lot of folks spend thousands of dollars a year on worse that don’t benefit then at all. Such as alcohol, smokes,drugs. I spend mine on the good things in life. I thank God and those who fought for that right for all of us each day.

Back
Top Bottom