• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Now that colt can screw you on the price again, selling back to the public.

How are they screwing you on the price (again)?
If I understood the article, basically governments are no longer buying their rifles (due to the Rona, I'd guess) and civilian gun sales are through the roof. Therefore Colt decided to change their mind and once again grace us with their milspec-ish rifles again.

All the folks who paid more than $1500 for a base model as an 'investment' will be PO'd.

No surprise though. Colt can't compete on price against Ruger and Smith, so unless the market is artificially inflated their AR sales will always suck wind.

If I understood the article, basically governments are no longer buying their rifles (due to the Rona, I'd guess) and civilian gun sales are through the roof. Therefore Colt decided to change their mind and once again grace us with their milspec-ish rifles again.

That still doesnt explain how they are screwing anyone over. Is there a bill floating around in D.C. to mandate that everyone must buy a Colt AR or something?

Isn't this a basic supply and demand situation?

2019 - Decreased demand > Increased supply > Tanking prices > Stop production
2020 - Increased demand > Reduced supply > Soaring prices > Restart production

I'm not a business guy so maybe I got it wrong.

Almost like gas prices and the price of ammo and tp isnt it? I think I remember something about supply and demand years ago in high school. But that was a while ago and seems like they dont teach that anymore.

Come November, if Biden wins the election then paying $1500 for one will seem like a steal. I know, I know,
'if" is the key word here but between now and November is a long time period in politics and things can change a hundred different ways between now and then.

Back
Top Bottom