• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nov 17 roll call.

Unfortunately I'm sitting behind my desk at work today. So no fun in the woods for me. Best of luck to everyone going out today. Be safe.

Anyone going to brave the wind today?
I’m gonna try for a couple hours.

Some guys won’t hunt windy days but after I saw the biggest buck on public land moving on a extremely windy day where the wind blew in circles and he only moved when the wind blew and stopped or laid down when the wind stopped ....I’m a wind hunter now...lol.

Too bad I couldn’t get a shot cause he was out of archery range.

Good luck.

Although I have also fell victim to that same train of thought in the past, one of my buddies likes to remind me that there is always a better chance of seeing a deer in the stand vs your recliner...even on windy days.

Sitting at work also. Off till Saturday, so may head down and see if the does are feeling friendly. Need about one more that is trying to hitch a ride in my truck.

Here until Sunday
20201117_161503.jpg
20201117_161517.jpg

Went out this morning. Had a spike, then 3 pt, and a little while later 2 good size does come through. If I hadn't already taken 2 does this season then one of them would have been riding the 4wheeler back to the truck. I was hoping someone would be hot on their tail but no such luck. Later on another part of the property, I stopped in to check a trail cam and on the way back out had a doe being chased by a 4 pt.

Back
Top Bottom