• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Not me officer.........

Dingo

Wolf Icon
Navigating the space time continuum
7   0
Reaction score
8A428DB7-9413-422C-A9F5-A9E6ECC78825.png

Dingo....forgive me if you have posted on this topic, but what is the response/public attitude toward the coronavirus in OZ?? Curfews? Social distancing? Businesses closed or operating on a limited basis? Just curious.
============================================
The guy in your picture with the plaid shirt is the famous moonshiner, "Popcorn" Sutton, RIP. Faced with a couple year sentence in Federal prison about 10 years ago he committed suicide. Convicted of making liquor. He was quite a character, would pass out free samples of his 'shine at small county fairs to "drum up business" and new customers. Did it openly. You can Google him on the internet for a bunch more info. YouTube has videos of him as well.

Dingo....forgive me if you have posted on this topic, but what is the response/public attitude toward the coronavirus in OZ?? Curfews? Social distancing? Businesses closed or operating on a limited basis? Just curious.
============================================
The guy in your picture with the plaid shirt is the famous moonshiner, "Popcorn" Sutton, RIP. Faced with a couple year sentence in Federal prison about 10 years ago he committed suicide. Convicted of making liquor. He was quite a character, would pass out free samples of his 'shine at small county fairs to "drum up business" and new customers. Did it openly. You can Google him on the internet for a bunch more info. YouTube has videos of him as well.
Thanks for the info I shall check it out.
Yes we in Oz are locked down. Stay home, go out only for food, exercise ie necessary things only. Some state borders are closed, no travel, Qantas is shut down basically. Restaurants and food outlets are takeaway only, malls are empty and so are some shelves in supermarkets. As someone pointed out ‘how’s your 60 day free trial of communism going’? But so far only 30 dead. So far there is public acceptance and support for the government, the young are more self centred and some are not complying, over reaction by cops. How long people will put up with this we can only wait and see. However, they say the end of April will be the high point if we can get through that OK maybe there will be some relaxing of the restrictions and we can get back to repairing the damage to the economy.

Back
Top Bottom