• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Non lethal ammo rubber bullets and bean bags

Sneakypete

Bear Icon Lifetime Supporter
CATRGR6
184   0
Reaction score
Is it legal to pop someone with non lethal ammo in defense of your property from looters in the state of Ga. ?

this is a legit question, not looking for personal opinions.

IF I have to defend myself or another from someone wishing to do me harm or try to kill me, I will be using real bullets. The cops on those streets have others to help them, I would be alone. No telling what may happen.

ETA, It would be my luck that rubber bullets or bean bags would just make an attacker madder.

Look this isn’t an either or thing , I have a business which employs a fair amount of females who aren’t what you call pro gun ( crazy cat chicks), I have gotten them Kimber pepper blasters 2 to carry but that’s limited at best. They would entertain the idea of using rubber bullets or bean bags shot out of a shotgun

Look this isn’t an either or thing , I have a business which employs a fair amount of females who aren’t what you call pro gun ( crazy cat chicks), I have gotten them Kimber pepper blasters 2 to carry but that’s limited at best. They would entertain the idea of using rubber bullets or bean bags shot out of a shotgun

I will probably run the first 2 rounds as plastic buckshot or rock salt shells which I happen to have. Or bird shot. After that, buckshot or slugs. But my shotty has a 9 round tube which helps.

The only reason I’m considering non lethal ammo is to keep them at bay before they cross the line. Look at the bakery in Cleveland that still incurred damage while they had them at Gun point. Had they blasted a few bean bags, etc , etc , they may have dispersed the crowd to some where else

I'm not an attorney so take this with a grain of salt. You either are or are not authorized for use of deadly force. I would offer the conjecture that if you chose to used less than lethal you would still need to be in a situation which authorized deadly force because shooting, or shooting at, someone with a firearm, no matter the ammo, is assault with a deadly weapon. I would consult with your lawyer so he can spell out the situations in which deadly force is authorized because, as I understand it, to use one the other it required.

Is it legal to pop someone with non lethal ammo in defense of your property from looters in the state of Ga. ?

this is a legit question, not looking for personal opinions.
Yet personal opinions is what you have received!

The answer to your actual question, though, is that less lethal ammo is legal when using more lethal ammo would be. That is, if deadly force is authorized, less lethal ammo would be okay, but not otherwise.

If you are worried about them, hire security because an ambulance chaser can hook you up for not providing adequate security should one of them get hurt by a riot while at work. Also, if its your business, you don't need their permission to arm your self or their permission to protect them should the need arise.

Be aware that "non-lethal" is a misnomer, the more correct term is "less lethal". The alternative rounds can be lethal or crippling, especially at room sized distances.

The less lethal rounds should not be fired at the head, and are intended to be fired at the waist or below. How much training are you going to give your ladies so that they don't instinctively shoot at someone's face?

Back
Top Bottom