• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Non lethal alternative?

rockyfatcat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
31   0
Reaction score
With all the Peaceful protests and the resulting Looting and burned buildings, Pun intended.

I have looked at some of the 68 caliber alternatives. Why? Because I carry a 45 and while use of deadly force is clearly not authorized. Some of the 68 caliber paintball guns can fire a series of projectiles including rubber bullets and pepper balls in addition to the standard paintball at 300 to 400 fps! (200+ mph). While less than lethal does not equal non-lethal.

I was thinking a Full auto mag dump with a mixed hopper of pepper balls, rubber balls
and paintballs would deter celebrants trying to remove local statues.

They first topple statues, then they start killing people, then they take our rights away.

ps this side hopper holds 140-150 projectiles!

The big problem isn't their effectiveness in these situations... The cops have lots of tools from water cannon to high-tech noisemakers available.

But none of these are any use is you don't let the cops deploy them in the first place, and that's the sticking point right now.

Most politicians are telling their police to retreat and let any 'property damage' happen rather than have pictures of cops with what look like firearms shooting into crowds of 'peaceful protesters'.

??? Say this with me....."I was in fear of my life officer, they gave me no choice"
Obviously there are times when inflicting pain is preferential to taking life. A hopper of 150 rounds mixed with paintball/pepperball/rubber ball could probably deter a group of angry protesters without the body count.

Remember this is less lethal, not non lethal. A headshot with any of these rounds could maim. The legal implications for disfiguring someone in an intentional act not sanctioned by a public agency is horrendous.

Playing the devils advocate. Assuming you had the right to legally defend yourself with a firearm and by law had the right to permanently end someone, and instead chose to fire a less lethal round that ended up permanently disfiguring someone. Remember they'd still be around to drag you in front of a jury....

If the cops and prosecuting attorneys are all trained that Tasers are "deadly weapons" because of the slim possibility that the person could fall down on the hard ground and get seriously hurt...

then I'd say it's likely that the cops and prosecutors would say that
firing a paintball at an UNWILLING target, who did not agree to be part of a paintball game or assume the risk of getting hit,
and when this victim is not wearing a face mask or protective gear...

... that could be aggravated assault / assault with a deadly weapon.

Back
Top Bottom