• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No time to reload, what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quit drinking and needed a new hobby to keep me busy. Idle hands are the devils playthings.. One of the reasons I never got into reloading was because of the drinking. I must admit any money saved by not buying booze has been offset with the new addiction ;)

I got an estimated $2,000 worth of stuff from a Nice fella' on here for $600! He had it in a storage unit for over a year. He stated that he had a personal rule that if he didn't touch anything for a year or more it had to go. I'd like to think that any good deals seen on here for reloading stuff is because someone doesn't expect to recoup the vast majority of their initial investment or that they'd Like to pass it along to a fellow firearms enthusiast. I always thought my old man was a pack rat, but as I become older I realize that there are certain things that you should hang on too because they will never be any cheaper and maybe not even readily available. I look at reloading stuff like this.

If you don't have the time, perhaps you have the space. I'd keep it until it got in the way or I really decided that in my life time I, my family, or even close friends would never get into it. The proceeds from selling it could benefit something you find more productive in Life and perhaps it could get someone into the Hobby that might not have ever got into it. 2020 and beyond, I don't see ammo getting cheaper, reloading components any cheaper.. and certain legalities/taxes of all of it may come into question.

We have been blessed witch cheap Oil the last few years. Crude is on the rise and may continue. Oil goes up, everything goes up.. Brass, Lead, Powder, Ammo. Roll your owns make sense again.

I have a rack of Disc Golf Frisbees maybe 300+.. Probably $2k worth.. I look at them collecting dust and have thought in all of my years playing, I have taken breaks, and picked it up again. I have seen 50 year olds throwing.. So I have a good 20 years before I disregard them. It was just one of those hobby's id do while drinking.. so it got put on timeout for a while.

Whatever you decide to do with it, although not exactly like riding a bike.. but if there ever came a time when you needed to load some or show someone how to.. you will most likely retain a lot the knowledge for the rest of your life. Hand loaders to me are the REAL 3%'s.

That's exactly what I'm thinking! Another democrat and it doesn't matter who and the the gun and ammo industry will be a hot topic and it all disappear meaning like Obama closed down lead industry and a shortage of ammo and they will try to put a stop to anything that relates to the hobby.
That's why I'm still hanging to my equipment, but buying factory ammo now is as cheap or cheaper than reloading at the moment.
Regardless of the method and whether in the form of components or finished product, the time to accumulate is in times of plenty, not times of scarcity.

I quit drinking and needed a new hobby to keep me busy. Idle hands are the devils playthings.. One of the reasons I never got into reloading was because of the drinking. I must admit any money saved by not buying booze has been offset with the new addiction ;)

I got an estimated $2,000 worth of stuff from a Nice fella' on here for $600! He had it in a storage unit for over a year. He stated that he had a personal rule that if he didn't touch anything for a year or more it had to go. I'd like to think that any good deals seen on here for reloading stuff is because someone doesn't expect to recoup the vast majority of their initial investment or that they'd Like to pass it along to a fellow firearms enthusiast. I always thought my old man was a pack rat, but as I become older I realize that there are certain things that you should hang on too because they will never be any cheaper and maybe not even readily available. I look at reloading stuff like this.

If you don't have the time, perhaps you have the space. I'd keep it until it got in the way or I really decided that in my life time I, my family, or even close friends would never get into it. The proceeds from selling it could benefit something you find more productive in Life and perhaps it could get someone into the Hobby that might not have ever got into it. 2020 and beyond, I don't see ammo getting cheaper, reloading components any cheaper.. and certain legalities/taxes of all of it may come into question.

We have been blessed witch cheap Oil the last few years. Crude is on the rise and may continue. Oil goes up, everything goes up.. Brass, Lead, Powder, Ammo. Roll your owns make sense again.

I have a rack of Disc Golf Frisbees maybe 300+.. Probably $2k worth.. I look at them collecting dust and have thought in all of my years playing, I have taken breaks, and picked it up again. I have seen 50 year olds throwing.. So I have a good 20 years before I disregard them. It was just one of those hobby's id do while drinking.. so it got put on timeout for a while.

Whatever you decide to do with it, although not exactly like riding a bike.. but if there ever came a time when you needed to load some or show someone how to.. you will most likely retain a lot the knowledge for the rest of your life. Hand loaders to me are the REAL 3%'s.

I have the space and don’t need the cash. I’ll hold on to it and see what happens down the road. If I did part with it I would give someone a great deal because it is a great learning experience for any shooter.

Had similar problem when the kids were growing up and in the house. Just used my reloading stuff occasionally. Now that they are grown and out on their own, I have plenty of time and enjoy it more than ever.
Be patient .

So I have accumulated a bunch of reloading equipment and components. I was hot and heavy reloading and really enjoyed developing rounds for different firearms. I haven’t touched it in more than a year. I haven’t had time to shoot much either. I don’t see I’ll have any time in the next year. So what do I do with all this stuff? Box it up and possibly never use it again or push it out the door?? I know there’s plenty of people that have been in this situation.

It don’t expire.

If it was me, I’d seal everything up & get back to it when I can.

What, you’d get 35-45% of your investment back if you’re lucky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom