• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No record of that form

BigMike

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
230   0
Reaction score
I'm about 5 months ish on my Sandman and decided to call in to check on it just for the hell of it. Gave the lady my SN and was told there is no pending form 4, check with my dealer.

I pulled up my bank account and found the electronic debt of my account, albeit 5 weeks after the application was mailed. My dealer is meticulous with the paperwork, but I went down there just to check and got printout of the first page of the submitted form 4, to make sure the SN was correctly entered, and got a print out of where it was delivered back beginning of August.

I logged into my eforms account and sent a message to ask the experts to check the status of the stamp, no reply yet but I didn't send it in until yesterday after lunch.

Heres where I'm at. I'm hoping the lady mistyped or maybe I misspoke the SN, and everything is just pending. Or, its lost somehow in the paperwork shuffle. If in fact it did get lost, the only thing I know to do is contact my Congressman which will probably result in me having to reapply, unless someone has a different/better solution.

Thoughts?

I have had no luck at all with the "ask the experts" with three messages to them I have yet to get a reply. The customer service line is no help either. They just tell me to log on and ask the experts.

I have had them mess up when calling before and had to ask them "double check that because I know what you told me is wrong". But it's only happened once. I'd call and just double check again and if they tell you the same thing explain the situation. The check gets cashed in Portland then mailed to Virginia so it may have gotten lost in the mail. I always check about a month after mailing any of my clients form 4s that it made it and is pending especially this time of year when the post office is swamped.

I called for status on one in the past. The timing seemed like they were looking on a computer screen that had all submitted applications. They would quickly tell me the status and I heard no paper shuffling. I guess they could have mistakenly entered the serial number into the tracking system. Maybe they can check by trust or name.

I called for status on one in the past. The timing seemed like they were looking on a computer screen that had all submitted applications. They would quickly tell me the status and I heard no paper shuffling. I guess they could have mistakenly entered the serial number into the tracking system. Maybe they can check by trust or name.

I have called 3x and spoken to 3 different people. All with the same answer.

I got the tracking number and verified it was delivered. I sent messages to the ATF and have not heard anything back yet.
I have called 3x and spoken to 3 different people. All with the same answer.
Have your dealer chase it down...
I reiterate.....have your dealer chase it down.....That's what you are paying them for...they sent it in, it's up to them to make sure it makes it through the system.

So the plot thickens. I called the ATF today and spoke with a very nice lady and the conversation started with her seeing the suppressor in my dealers inventory, but no form 4 pending. She asked when I sent it in and I told her, I added that I had the signed delivery receipt and the cashed check receipt. She got my SSN and pulled it up and said that the serial number they have does not match the one I asked about ( one digit off). I let her know that my dealer keeps copies of the submitted forms and we checked the form twice to make sure all the info was correct. She said I have two options: do nothing and wait until the system notifys the dealer that there is an issues with the form ( which there is not one ) or have the dealer call in and have them research the paper form and so they can correct it in thsir system. I spoke to my dealer and they called in. I'm not sure whats next but at least it's moving.

A lot of folks are saying to let the dealer handle it, which I get, but on the other side of the coin is the fact I didn't buy it from them, just had them transfer it. Another factor is they do not do much NFA stuff and the folks that were good at it have moved on.

Just an update.

She said I have two options: do nothing and wait until the system notify the dealer that there is an issues with the form ( which there is not one ) or have the dealer call in and have them research the paper form and so they can correct it in their system. I spoke to my dealer and they called in. I'm not sure whats next but at least it's moving.

A lot of folks are saying to let the dealer handle it, which I get, but on the other side of the coin is the fact I didn't buy it from them, just had them transfer it. Another factor is they do not do much NFA stuff and the folks that were good at it have moved on..

Doesn't matter one whit that all the dealer did was submit the transfer form. What matters here is that only the dealer can work with the ATF to correct that S/N mismatch between the paperwork and the ATF system......it will have to be done before the stamp is issued and "could" delay the process......that's why I suggested to have your dealer contact them.

Back
Top Bottom