• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No contact in 24 hours from buyer - ok to move on?

Ghost buyer had 6 positive feedback and no negatives.

As stated, and as you did, move on to contestant #2.

But....give #1 a Neutral with explanation, so the next time this guy wants something I have, I'll pretend he is DeBlassio and I am a NYC beat cop, and turn my back on him!

Depends on the alleged buyer's feedback rating and length of time on the sight. History is the best indicator of the future.

Look. It's not the crime of the century if the original buyer didn't follow through.

I've had a douchebag (who still tries to sell here) agree to buy an item, promised payment and a receiving FFL's file copy of a license for mailing and after waiting a week, he backed out with a lame assed excuse. I didn't bother leaving feedback because it wouldn't stick. There is nothing in the rules about breaking a deal. Only failing to meet.

If I have had no contact in 24 hours from a buyer who positively said they will accept a deal and asked me to hold a gun for them for a day is it ok to move on? I've sent several follow-up messages and provided my cell number with no contact. His ODT profile shows activity after sending one of my follow-up messages. I have others interested in the sale.

Am I solid to move on, or how long do I wait from an unresponsive buyer?

Robert
You can move on anytime when the conditions have not been met.

No. It won't. No time/place set for a meet. Buyer could contest and the feedback should be removed per the rules.
Again. Explain to me what the neutral is for then?

If Negative Feedback is warranted for when time and place is set and someone welches, does not show up, or breaks that commitment, why would a Neutral be warranted at any point.

Positive is for when both parties show up to agreed time and place.

Again, what is a Neutral for?

Also, you don't set a time and place when you're buying something from someone when they ship. Does that mean they can't get a negative if they take your money and don't deliver? You bet I'm leaving Negative feedback in that case.

Back
Top Bottom