• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No contact in 24 hours from buyer - ok to move on?

As mentioned, life happens and while a 'day' is 24 hours, perhaps he thinks he has until the end of today. Who knows.
Regardless, if it was me, I'd simply contact the buyer and say "Since I haven't heard back, I'm not sure if you are no longer interested or having an issue. In any case, it's been 24 hours as we agreed and I have others interested. If I don't hear back by 8pm this evening, I'll sell it to the next person who has agreed to purchase. Thanks for your interest."
Then, I'd immediately contact the next person and say "It appears the previous person has gone silent. If I don't hear back by 8pm, it's yours. Where and when would you like to meet. I'll confirm at 8."
Git outta here with that commonsensical and reasonable approach. You're violatin' the code of the neckbeard!

As mentioned, life happens and while a 'day' is 24 hours, perhaps he thinks he has until the end of today. Who knows.
Regardless, if it was me, I'd simply contact the buyer and say "Since I haven't heard back, I'm not sure if you are no longer interested or having an issue. In any case, it's been 24 hours as we agreed and I have others interested. If I don't hear back by 8pm this evening, I'll sell it to the next person who has agreed to purchase. Thanks for your interest."
Then, I'd immediately contact the next person and say "It appears theprevious person has gone silent. If I don't hear back by 8pm, it's yours. Where and when would you like to meet. I'll confirm at 8."

Now why can’t you guys play this nice??

Back
Top Bottom